User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User richsmith
(newbie) Thu 31-Oct-13 13:08:47
Print Post

UKFSN problems.... again!

[link to this post]

Hi

I've left UKFSN after a year of terrible service (perhaps 90% of emails not replied to, many things breaking, interruptions to service, etc.). This took a while as my request to switch plans was ignored, then my request for a MAC was ignored, and so on.

However, a few months ago my payments to UKFSN's bank account were rejected by their bank. Despite sending several emails pointing this out, and unanswered phone calls, there was no response by UKFSN.

Now I've left, UKFSN are sending me demands for money, threatening legal action. My emails in response have (rather predictably) been ignored!

I'm not keen on paying this cash given the circumstances. What are my options? Do I have any right to arbitration through Entanet or Ofcom (etc.?)
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Thu 31-Oct-13 13:52:51
Print Post

Re: UKFSN problems.... again!

[re: richsmith] [link to this post]

That doesn't sound good...

Have you seen UKFSN's 'Complaint Procedure' here: http://www.ukfsn.org/about-us/code-of-practice.html ?

I would try a letter and also write to Entanet.

I see the last section 'Alternative Disputes Resolution' has the wrong website name and appears incomplete? "still arranging this" so I'm not sure how that would work.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 31-Oct-13 14:24:08
Print Post

[re: b4dger] [link to this post]

Looks like UKFSN is not registered for an ADR: http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2009/12/adr-schemes/ . Is that kosher?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Thu 31-Oct-13 15:24:43)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 31-Oct-13 17:05:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by b4dger:
That doesn't sound good...

Have you seen UKFSN's 'Complaint Procedure' here: http://www.ukfsn.org/about-us/code-of-practice.html ?

I would try a letter and also write to Entanet.

I see the last section 'Alternative Disputes Resolution' has the wrong website name and appears incomplete? "still arranging this" so I'm not sure how that would work.
You mean ukcatholic.com ?
Alternative Disputes Resolution

If we fail to resolve any dispute between you and ukcatholic.com in a satisfactory manner and at least 12 weeks have passed since our receipt of your complaint you may refer your dispute with us to the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) service provided by [still arranging this!]. This ADR service is free to you.

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 31-Oct-13 17:13:12
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

UkCatholic.com is for sale

The owner of the domain you are researching has it listed for sale
A good find by you though! The "For sale" is interesting in itself.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Thu 31-Oct-13 17:17:31)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 31-Oct-13 17:38:11
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It wasn't me wink
In reply to a post by b4dger:
I see the last section 'Alternative Disputes Resolution' has the wrong website name and appears incomplete?

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Thu 31-Oct-13 17:56:26
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Hopefully the OP will get some divine intervention... tongue

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 31-Oct-13 19:00:58
Print Post

Sorry b4dger for not seeing it was you that spotted the catholic.com, not BatBoy smile. Interesting that it is up for sale. The content is 100% links.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Lethe
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 31-Oct-13 19:55:28
Print Post

[re: richsmith] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by richsmith:

However, a few months ago my payments to UKFSN's bank account were rejected by their bank. Despite sending several emails pointing this out, and unanswered phone calls, there was no response by UKFSN.

I have been with UKFSN for years, and since ADSL, it always has been Enta that takes the money from my debit card for Internet services - and I get an e-mail each month informing me so. Also you can check on their billing site:

https://billing.enta.net/

BUT... do you also have another account with UKFSN?

I do. The original was when I first signed up to them, and I get billed yearly for that (£15.00). When I then did take out *dsl I had to create a new account, this is the one Enta bill me for.

Nick
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 31-Oct-13 20:22:36
Print Post

[re: Lethe] [link to this post]

Do you work for UKFSN?

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to