User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Lethe
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 02-Nov-13 11:12:50
Print Post

If you are supplied by entanet - alternative e-mail solution

[link to this post]

After yesterday whereby my UKFSN mail was down for at least 8 hours, I was getting worried, and still am a little concerned that one day it will never come back up, so I decided to make arrangements to get a stable and supported mail address for the important contacts (bank, pensions etc.).

I remembered years ago when first setting up with UKFSN and Enta that there was also a Enta offer of free mail and web space etc. Well, it is still available, and after a quick call today, I am up and running.

So, to set it up, go here:

https://www.enta.net/Sites/

and scroll down to 'CONTROL PANEL'

To login to this, you need to use your adsl router username and password, i.e. the one that you use to connect to dsl.

Once logged in, you will see an option to create mail box.

Simple!

So, my job toay is to change all my important contacts to new mail addy smile

Nick
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 02-Nov-13 12:11:47
Print Post

Re: If you are supplied by entanet - alternative e-mail solu

[re: Lethe] [link to this post]

Can you retain it if you ever leave Enta?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Lethe
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 02-Nov-13 12:16:58
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I dunno, I never asked that - but I guess the answer is no, as to use the control panel you need the enta dsl login to sign in - no enta dsl, no login I guess. Whether the pop3 smtp mail will still work, I don't know...

BTW, I just changed my BT account to use new mail addy... and they send acknowledge to OLD mail address... how [censored] stupid is that! lol

Nick

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Sat 02-Nov-13 12:44:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by Lethe:
BTW, I just changed my BT account to use new mail addy... and they send acknowledge to OLD mail address... how [censored] stupid is that! lol
Not stupid at all actually! That's so that if someone tried to change it without your knowledge the real address would be made aware.

As for the alternate email as this is still tied to your ISP it sounds more like a work around for those that are with UKFSN...
If you were to move away in the future then all your important addresses will need to be moved again - better to register your own domain or use something reliable like Gmail.

Standard User Lethe
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 02-Nov-13 13:19:11
Print Post

[re: b4dger] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by b4dger:
In reply to a post by Lethe:
Not stupid at all actually! That's so that if someone tried to change it without your knowledge the real address would be made aware.

Well, it is as a) if someone could change it, that means your BT phone account site has be breached anyway, and I expect a changed email address would be the least of your worries, and b) if you no longer have access to the old email account...

Nick
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Sat 02-Nov-13 13:29:16
Print Post

We're getting OT here...

If as you said an 'acknowledgement' email is sent then it will be seen by the original email address. If it wasn't authorised - someone changed it when you popped out of the room for example, then the owner is made aware. If your BT account for example has been hacked then at least the owner gets a warning rather than being unaware of the situation.

If the email account is now unavailable then the acknowledgement won't be seen - no harm done.

Anyway - good luck with things smile

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 02-Nov-13 13:32:12
Print Post

People often change their email address, not often immediately losing the old one. So it makes sense.

All companies I deal with do this, and contrary to your reaction that a change of email address is the least of your worries, that's exactly why they notify you of the change. It would almost certainly be the first warning of the breach smile.

That would be even more important if you use the same login details, or just the password, anywhere else.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User bsod
(committed) Sun 03-Nov-13 01:06:08
Print Post

i have tried my xyz@adsllogin.co.uk address on that and it just says 'login failed'. Do I have to call to activate this?

Whilst I wouldn't use it as a primary email address, it's good for a backup.
Standard User Lethe
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 03-Nov-13 08:24:20
Print Post

[re: bsod] [link to this post]

No, I was just told to go there and log in with router details - and it worked.

Stupid question, you did use right password, the same as router/modem dsl one?

Nick
Standard User bsod
(committed) Sun 03-Nov-13 21:58:45
Print Post

Yeah I've used the right pw, I even went to the UKFSN control panel to check!

is your router login ending @adsllogin.co.uk ?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to