User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Lanus
(regular) Sat 03-May-14 18:59:17
Print Post

Terrible daytime speeds with Vivacity.

[link to this post]

I'm with Vivacity and an old standard 8mb DSL line. For the last 2 or 3 months the line can usually pull no more than about 60-90k/sec during the day but later on after midnight it always opens back up again to my full 660k/sec. Is this just standard throttling? It seems a little rough to me. There are a few occasions, maybe 10% of the time, where the speeds are fine during the day. This issue affects any and all sorts of bandwidth use. Is it normal or is there likely a fault somewhere?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 03-May-14 19:57:11
Print Post

Re: Terrible daytime speeds with Vivacity.

[re: Lanus] [link to this post]

It's quite possible the exchange is becoming congested. As the BT Wholesale 20CN kit (that you are on) there is probably being replaced soon, it looks as though BT aren't adding capacity if it fills up. I assume you're talking kiloBytes/s there.

Which exchange is it? Someone may have info.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Lanus
(regular) Sat 03-May-14 20:17:22
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes kilobytes, i prefer to quote real life speeds.
So just to be clear, you're saying its likely nothing to do with the ISP or Entanet but rather a BT hardware issue from living in the boglands? There are no planned upgrade unfortunately and the Exchange Status Checker shows VP capacity as green. Thanks for the advice.

Its the Katesbridge exchange in NI.

Edited by Lanus (Sat 03-May-14 20:18:18)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 03-May-14 22:04:27
Print Post

[re: Lanus] [link to this post]

Not many people know about the Plusnet exchange checker tongue smile. But note: "Record last updated: 31 Jan 14.

There may be other readers with relevant information. We'll just have to wait and see.

I did say "quite possible! Not "likely". It could be any of the three.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to