User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User borguk1of9
(committed) Tue 20-May-14 22:09:51
Print Post

Advice pls - resellers and customers

[link to this post]

So I emailed UKFSN support and had no response to the amount of spam getting through their servers, some of which has the attachments we all know what happens to your PC if you open them. Jason does indeed seem to have disappeared and UKFSN being left to run down.

I am on Office 45 which I took out in 2007, however usage peak is now 45gb a month with all the extra PC's etc we have here, so really I need to go to Office 90.

However my exchange for Bromyard is down to getting Fibre via Fastershire program later this year, I would guess sometime in the next 3-6 months as I saw them putting the main fibre through the town from Worcester onto Leominster a month ago, no doubt in and out of the exchange here.

If I move onto Office 90 does that mean a new 12 month contract and what happens when fibre is available, do I get a free chance to upgrade/change to fibre as we did with adsl2.

Who is the best reseller to move to cost wise, we have our own email we just need the broadband.

My other option is to go to TalkTalk on LLU, I could put two connections in here for what I am paying UKFSN but we all know how bad their CS is.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 20-May-14 22:57:10
Print Post

Re: Advice pls - resellers and customers

[re: borguk1of9] [link to this post]

Upgrading to fibre is always a change of product, with every ISP, and normally involves a minimum term of 12 months or 18 months depending on ISP. That's because Openreach impose a 12-month term on them for new fibre connections.

For a very similar product line to UKFSN at similar prices look at vivaciti, aquiss and Freeola. Also similar but less so, look at xilo/uno.

All of those are well-regarded here.

My personal choice is Plusnet. Five years ago I wouldn't have touched them. They have changed.They are a full ISP of course, not a reseller like the above.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Sceptic
(experienced) Wed 21-May-14 22:57:04
Print Post

You could try TalkTalk Business. I've read that support is not a problem with them.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User borguk1of9
(committed) Thu 22-May-14 10:52:09
Print Post

[re: Sceptic] [link to this post]

Yes I read the same and checking the speeds they are stating a download 13.7mbps which is confusing me a bit, do they actually mean 13.7mb connection as stated by sam knows or are they really offering an increase from 1.4mb/s (17mb connect) that I get off Entanet ?

I suppose I could put the question on Talk Talk site.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 22-May-14 11:01:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by borguk1of9:
... are they really offering an increase from 1.4mb/s (17mb connect) that I get off Entanet ?
That's confusing me a lot tongue. What is the 1.4mb/s? Is that a file download speed of 1.4MB/s = 11.2Mbps, from a 17Mbps sync? Given an IP Profile of nearly 15Mbps that looks a bit poor anyway.

Estimates for ISPs are normally for the sync/connection speed, not what file downloads go at.

AIUI TTB default noise margin setting is 12dB, which will be why their quote is lower than your 17Mbps. For their resellers it is easily changed to the more normal 6db. I don't know how easy it is for Direct customers.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to