User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 18-Jun-14 13:10:25
Print Post

Ofcom Probe ISP UKFSN

[link to this post]

The UK telecoms regulator has re-started its monitoring and enforcement programme to check whether broadband and phone providers are giving consumers the required access to an approved Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) complaints handler. As part of this they’ve also begun an investigation of the UK Free Software Network (UKFSN), a small ISP run by Jason Clifford.

Full article...

So I assume someone drew their attention to UKFSN, was it any visitor to this board?
Standard User hypertony
(experienced) Wed 18-Jun-14 14:25:17
Print Post

Re: Ofcom Probe ISP UKFSN

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

About time!!

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos
Standard User Sceptic
(experienced) Wed 18-Jun-14 23:28:15
Print Post

Unfortunately I can foresee little good coming from this with the most likely outcome being that Jason will give up all together and his remaining customers will suffer.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zebulon
(regular) Fri 20-Jun-14 11:12:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by Spud2003:
So I assume someone drew their attention to UKFSN, was it any visitor to this board?

Was not me, despite having plenty of reasons to do so... Well I have moved away from him and prefer to forget.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Jun-14 11:47:50
Print Post

£350 + VAT for ADR? I'm surprised any small ISP can foot that bill.

Oliver.
Standard User zebulon
(regular) Fri 20-Jun-14 21:09:19
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
£350 + VAT for ADR? I'm surprised any small ISP can foot that bill.

I agree this is a lot. However, do not forget that before going to ADR, the ISP can/has to solve the problem first. UKFSN do not respond emails nor pick up recorded letters. This is why someone raised the problem.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Jun-14 21:24:56
Print Post

[re: zebulon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zebulon:
I agree this is a lot.

Yeah, I wasn't so much directing my comments at UKFSN, but at the concept in general. As I understand it any customer can raise an ADR against an ISP whether the complaint has merit or not, and the ISP has to foot the £350 + vat bill every time even if the ombudsman finds in the ISP's favour. Harsh, and potentially very costly for a small ISP.

Perhaps if enough customers are minded to do so, once UKFSN sets up the ADR service, they could get together and raise individual complaints against UKFSN (with or without merit), and flatten Jason (or indeed any small ISP) with thousands of pounds of ombudsman fees. Evil, but seemingly within the rules.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Fri 20-Jun-14 21:26:55)

Standard User borguk1of9
(committed) Tue 08-Jul-14 00:38:33
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/enforcement/competi...

Self raised investigation by OFCOM, I think the remaining customers like myself will be directly under Entanet pretty shortly as I bet they will have as much chance of getting hold of him as the rest of us.
Standard User zebulon
(regular) Tue 08-Jul-14 13:46:58
Print Post

[re: borguk1of9] [link to this post]

I don't know how serious Jason realises this is, especially since he is running UKFSN as a sole trader. When UKFSN was a company, then he was protected from personal liability (although this may not apply if they can show that some "mistakes" were actually deliberate). As a sole trader, he is responsible for losses/fines on his own property. If he were fined significantly he could be made personally bankrupt.
Standard User Kathphlox
(regular) Mon 14-Jul-14 02:51:44
Print Post

[re: zebulon] [link to this post]

Why don't you all just let this die. Just move to another reseller now, I did and I'm happy with Vivaciti, although not so enthralled with the fact that it's with Talk Talk as the wholesaler as they have a terrible reputation.. but we will see .wink

~Kath~
Always judge a person by the way they treat someone who can be of no possible use to them

Edited by Kathphlox (Mon 14-Jul-14 02:53:06)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to