User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User arthurfowler
(learned) Mon 23-May-16 19:25:18
Print Post

Freeola Freeola Family vs Unlimited Broadband Uncapped

[link to this post]

Hi,

I'm on the Freeola Family ADSL package at £19.99 at the moment which is capped at 30gig peak download per month.

Just noticed that they do a Freeola Unlimited Broadband Uncapped for £15.95. Why would a cheaper package that seems better be on offer. Is that just because it came out after I signed up and I haven't been keeping an eye for cheaper packages?

Says it has no minimum term contract too (which is important as I am keeping my fingers crossed for fibre coming to my area!). But then it says:
"If you terminate your Freeola Unlimited Broadband subscription within 12 months of migration a termination charge of £37.34 will apply. After 12 months a reduced termination charge of £6.00 will apply". Does that apply to change in tariff or just to new customers?

Thanks!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 24-May-16 01:05:09
Print Post

Re: Freeola Freeola Family vs Unlimited Broadband Uncapped

[re: arthurfowler] [link to this post]

The package you are on is a BT Wholesale based one. The unlimited one I guessed is LLU. Scrolling down this page confirms it. It explains LLU and what they offer if you can't get that.

Almost certainly provided via TalkTalk Business Wholesale, which in contrast to TalkTalk Retail appears to be fairly good. Is TalkTalk available to you?

Watch out for it being full LLU (MPF). That moves your phone line to TT as well instead of being a "BT" line. That may or may not bother you. Shared LLU (SMPF) leaves the line on "BT".

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59240/14753kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User arthurfowler
(learned) Tue 24-May-16 18:58:25
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Many thanks for the help and taking the time to answer.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User freeola
(member) Wed 01-Jun-16 12:30:27
Print Post

[re: arthurfowler] [link to this post]

Hi,

Our Unlimited ADSL is indeed SMPF over TalkTalk Business. We don't do MPF connections.
Thanks RobertoS for replying.

Termination (cease) charges only apply if you cease the broadband service, not if you migrate away. We get charged the higher cease fee if it occurs within 12 months of the connection going live and then the lesser fee after that (on the Unlimited tariff). We simply pass that charge on to the customer.
To cease your connection you would need to give 30 days notice, as you do on your current tariff. If you migrate to another provider your 30 days notice would start on the day we receive notification from the gaining provider.

Freeola
http://freeola.com - Broadband, Hosting & Instant Sites - Support
  Print Thread

Jump to