User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User johnclarke12
(newbie) Thu 01-Sep-16 14:37:27
Print Post

Thinking of joining

[link to this post]

I am considering migrating my broadband to Freeola as I have read some good reviews and as my house is up for sale the monthly contract seems appealing however does anyone know if I upgraded to Fibre Broadband and moved house during the 12 month contract what penalties would be imposed?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 01-Sep-16 15:19:26
Print Post

Re: Thinking of joining

[re: johnclarke12] [link to this post]

The Freeola website has this, I'm afraid:-
Unfortunately, Freeola are not able to provide a 'line-switching' service for any of our broadband customers when moving house. If you are due to move addresses, regardless of whether or not your phone number is also changing, you will need to terminate the current ADSL account and start a brand new one within the new premises.

Unfortunately, this will incur a termination charge, and may or may not incur an activation charge which is levied by Our Supplier. The termination charge will depend on a few things. Depending on which package you are on, your termination fee may be different.

That's an extract from this page, which contains quite a bit more on the subject.

I suggest you give them a ring, in case it is out of date. But I very much doubt that it is, apart from it not mentioning FTTC which can only be more expensive.

It's mainly the big boys who offer free house moves on ADSLx, and tie you in for a while afterwards to make sure they cover the cost. Possibly a full 12 or 18 months. On FTTC I seem to remember even they are sticky, due to the longer contract they themselves have to sign up to from Openreach.

Which ISP are you with now?

I agree that Freeola have always looked good and we rarely if ever see complaining posts about them here. Entanet FTTC I'm less sure about, but more of a hunch than hard facts.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User johnclarke12
(newbie) Thu 01-Sep-16 16:58:05
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thank you for pointing that out as I hadn't noticed it when I was looking at their website. I'm currently with Plusnet as I switched after O2 pulled out but the service has got worse over the years and has been dropping out frequently over the last two weeks. I plan to move onto FTTC but need a short term fix so that I can get rid of Plusnet.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Sep-16 17:02:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by johnclarke12:
Thank you for pointing that out as I hadn't noticed it when I was looking at their website. I'm currently with Plusnet as I switched after O2 pulled out but the service has got worse over the years and has been dropping out frequently over the last two weeks. I plan to move onto FTTC but need a short term fix so that I can get rid of Plusnet.

Drop outs are usually a line fault or a poor internal setup. Both of which are not resolved by switching ISP. Have you raised a fault with Plusnet? We can ask some basic questions of your setup as well to get a feel for what might be the issue.
Standard User freeola
(member) Thu 01-Sep-16 22:53:03
Print Post

Hello,

Thank you for considering us. With regards to FTTC and moving house a cease charge would still apply, plus if you were still in contract with us (12 months for FTTC) then you would need to pay that off too. Activation of FTTC and ADSL (Unlimited Tariff) is currently free, other ADSL tariffs have a reduced activation price of £24. Migrations are free.
You might like to consider our Unlimited ADSL tariff if available to you. It's TalkTalk SMPF based but has a 30 day contract. There would still be a cease fee if you moved (£24 if within 12 months of activation/migration, £6 thereafter), which is less than the £37.34 cease fee on our BT based ADSL and FTTC tariffs.
I will see about getting the text that has been quoted updated on our website.

Rob

Freeola
http://freeola.com - Broadband, Hosting & Instant Sites - Support

Edited by freeola (Thu 01-Sep-16 22:58:30)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 01-Sep-16 23:41:11
Print Post

[re: freeola] [link to this post]

And less than 44 minutes* later .... [chuckle]. Well done.

A couple of typos.
The activation fee also depends which package you're switching to. If at your new home or premesis you place a new order ....
My brain keeps saying nemesis when it reads that, which wouldn't be pleasant smile. Also later on, "Alternatively" has the middle "a" missing.

Edit: * The OP's current provider would have trouble making that change in 44 days!

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Thu 01-Sep-16 23:44:25)

Standard User freeola
(member) Fri 02-Sep-16 08:54:32
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Doh! Have the day off today so those corrections will take slightly longer this time! Thanks for the proof read though!

Freeola
http://freeola.com - Broadband, Hosting & Instant Sites - Support
  Print Thread

Jump to