General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User seank1990
(newbie) Thu 16-Dec-10 09:32:42
Print Post

BT Availability Checker

[link to this post]

My FTCC date was the 31st of december and has been for ages but i have checked it today and it now says

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st March 2011. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 32.7Mbps and upstream line speed of 7.5Mbps.

why have they changed the date my new FTTC cabinet has been there for months now and so has all the other new boxes in my town Droitwich what is going on
Standard User Yerman164
(newbie) Thu 16-Dec-10 09:49:22
Print Post

Re: BT Availability Checker

[re: seank1990] [link to this post]

I've got the same this morning for Chesterfield exchange. It has been 31st Dec on the checker for months and then it's suddenly changed to March 2011 this morning. The vast majority of cabinets near me have had a new FTTC cab next to them for weeks so I have no idea what they're playing at.
Standard User comsurg
(newbie) Thu 16-Dec-10 10:16:16
Print Post

Same thing has happened with Tunbridge Wells - has had an RFC date of 31 Dec 2010 for months. I even spoke to BT on Tuesday afternoon about getting Infinity and they confirmed the date was still 31 Dec and that they would call me in the new year to sign up.

The following day the RFC has changed to 31 Mar 2011 along with loads of other exchanges. There doesn't appear to be any official word from BT as to why this has happened.

I can understand inevitable delays creeping in - stuff happens, but it seems odd that all these exchanges have suddenly jumped by 3 months, rather than one by a few weeks, another by a month etc. Perhaps the new RFC is a worst case scenario and the exchanges affected may come online ahead of time.

Maybe we will see an official word in the news section soon?

Cheers
Colin

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User seank1990
(newbie) Thu 16-Dec-10 10:19:46
Print Post

[re: comsurg] [link to this post]

i hope its just a mess up on there checker or something because i cant wait another 3 months as i only get 1.7mb and the 30+ i will get with infinity would be very good specially for downloading xbox films and games
Standard User comsurg
(newbie) Thu 16-Dec-10 10:29:42
Print Post

Well, that's what I was wondering - a screwup on the checker database (and it's always been soooo accurate in the past!!!)

We get around 0.9MBit/sec down and 500kbit/sec up - desparately need FTTC for customers as their needs have outgrown what is currently available. A fibre optic leased line is way too expensive - cheaper to move premises.

Hopefully we'll all get some clearer answers soon.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 16-Dec-10 10:36:26
Print Post

Twickenham / LWTWI in South-West London has also been pushed back 3 months from March to June.
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Dec-10 10:44:14
Print Post

Mine was originally March '11 but got changed to 31st Dec '10, which is 16 days away and no FTTC cabs have been fitted yet so I don't see them meeting their own deadline frown

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be*
Far too many computers, 1 Wife, 3 Maine Coons and too many horses smile
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 16-Dec-10 11:28:38
Print Post

Looks like you're going to have to wait, I'm sure you'll survive! The alternatives, moving house, personal fibre install, might prove a bit expensive in the interim!

My date has now gone from 31st Dec to 31st Mar despite all the cabs in my area seemingly having been completed. I would have thought it's a case of dates being pushed back to the next quarter and BT will not provide more specific dates, some will happen before others over the first quarter of 2011. Whilst a little frustrating it will be here soon, I've lived with 1Mbit for 5 years, another couple of months won't hurt.
Standard User parish
(experienced) Thu 16-Dec-10 13:07:46
Print Post

My exchange (SSTRO, Trowbridge) also moved from Dec '10 to Mar '11 overnight. This is the second time it's happened when we've got within a couple of weeks of the RFS date - was originally Sept '10.

I keep seeing OR vans around the area towing trailers with large cable drums on so I'm guessing they are actually doing something, although what exactly I'm not sure.
Standard User Dash
(learned) Thu 16-Dec-10 15:15:13
Print Post

I spoke to my ISP the other day and they confirmed 31 Dec the same as the checker - but yes, today it's gone to 31st March.

Good old BT, never delivering on their promises - and yes, mine was end of September originally. frown
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to