General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 19-Dec-10 12:02:59
Print Post

Any Help Or Info on this style BT CAB

[link to this post]

Guys,
Does anyone now if the below is a Actual BT cab (link 1) as all our telphones lines to the house run under the Ground. The reason i ask furthur up the road there is the big style cab with the new fibre cab (link 2). my estimate for firbe is 33.2mb down and 8.6mb up which does imply that the cab is not that close but im woundering what the cab on line 1 is ? as it is closer i have also seen OR engineers near it as there are two big man wholes in fron of it as well

would be great if anynore else could shed some light

Link 1 ( is this BT Cab ?) - http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww132/truex360/cc...

Link 2 ( New style Cab up the road) - http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww132/truex360/f0...

These cabs are from Crewe on the haslington exchange

Many Thanks for any info
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sun 19-Dec-10 12:06:48
Print Post

Re: Any Help Or Info on this style BT CAB

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

it is a BT cab. The FTTC cab might be serving the cab opposite it and the one in photo 1, with an extended tie pair, perhaps ?

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 19-Dec-10 12:40:22
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

the fttc cab is serving BT Cab 25 (link2) as they have cut a patch in the road and tarmack it over. What i believe to me my cab*link1) is 0.4 miles by path ( though all the cable are underground the distance might be closer)to the new cab so would it be more logical to think cab 27 connects to cab 25 a new version which in turns connects to the FTTC cab ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sun 19-Dec-10 12:49:37
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

25 and 27 would already be on a duct system so the new connection duct to the new cab could have a tie cable to both 25 and 27 in it.

Either way it extends the length of your end connection compared to putting FTTC next to cab 27.

I wouldn't expect cab 25 to have connections for cab 27 in it originally, either each will have their own E-side cable to the exchange or the connection into cab 25 will be taken off a common cable in an underground joint box. Based on looking in the odd hole, no inside info !

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 19-Dec-10 13:02:12
Print Post

thanks
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 18-Jan-11 16:59:02
Print Post

Looks like BT Got sub Contracts in to do my cab just gone up today so looks like they are getting there own FTTC after all and not being linked and the same for another one around corner
  Print Thread

Jump to