General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tcbandituk
(learned) Tue 04-Jan-11 07:36:06
Print Post

Infinity drop outs

[link to this post]

Just wondring what reliability is like generally on Infinity ?
I've had it since the middle of December and the longest I've seen it available for without dropping out is 3 days.
I had a Sky LLU BB service before and this (although slow) was very reliable and very seldom dropped out.

I'm beginning to think it may be the Home Hub at fault as, whenever the service drops out, the Hub loses the connection but the modem always seem to still have a constant green light for the connection.
It is normally restored almost straight away but will then drop out again a little while later, it will do this for an hour or two and then will be fine again for a few days.......
Speed is generally good (although low according to the TBB Flash speedtest - about 20-25Mbps normally) far better than the 4Mbps I got with Sky but a more reliable connection would be nice smile
Standard User tcbandituk
(learned) Thu 20-Jan-11 09:33:13
Print Post

Re: Infinity drop outs

[re: tcbandituk] [link to this post]

At least it's consistent.
After monitoring it for a while, it drops out every 4 days regular as clockwork.
Standard User panda
(committed) Thu 20-Jan-11 11:31:55
Print Post

New dynamic address being issued?

Eats shoots and leaves.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tcbandituk
(learned) Thu 20-Jan-11 15:41:07
Print Post

[re: panda] [link to this post]

No idea myself, the Sky ADSLI had previously would stay up for weeks at a time.......
The regularity makes me wonder if it's some sort of maintenance work somewhere ?
Standard User orly
(experienced) Thu 20-Jan-11 23:32:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by tcbandituk:
I've had it since the middle of December and the longest I've seen it available for without dropping out is 3 days.
I had a Sky LLU BB service before and this (although slow) was very reliable and very seldom dropped out.

I'm beginning to think it may be the Home Hub at fault as, whenever the service drops out, the Hub loses the connection but the modem always seem to still have a constant green light for the connection.
It is normally restored almost straight away but will then drop out again a little while later, it will do this for an hour or two and then will be fine again for a few days.......
Speed is generally good (although low according to the TBB Flash speedtest - about 20-25Mbps normally) far better than the 4Mbps I got with Sky but a more reliable connection would be nice smile

drops for us too. seems the HH is pish

---
BT Infinity 8th July 2010
Connected to: P23 Kilmaine Road, Bangor, BT19 6DT (NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
25.5mbit down / 7.6mbit up

Previously:
BT Broadband, roughly 4mbit sync
4KM line / 54dB atten / 9dB SNR / Netgear DG834GT
Standard User tcbandituk
(regular) Thu 27-Jan-11 07:26:46
Print Post

[re: orly] [link to this post]

The good news is it seems to have stopped the 4 day cycle, up for 9 days so far at the last check, so looking better........
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 27-Jan-11 22:14:14
Print Post

[re: orly] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by orly:
In reply to a post by tcbandituk:

drops for us too. seems the HH is pish

its certainly that!!

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 27-Jan-11 22:59:34
Print Post

When it drops out, does your WAN IP address change?
Standard User tcbandituk
(regular) Fri 28-Jan-11 17:28:21
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I haven't noticed.
I'll keep an eye on it, although it looks like it's stabilised now.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 18-Jun-11 07:51:47
Print Post

[re: panda] [link to this post]

Over the past 2 weeks my BT Infinity drops every few minutes which in incredibly frustrating.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to