General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 10-Jan-11 20:27:47
Print Post

OR rollout doc 7 Jan 2011

[link to this post]

BT Wholesale for my exchange has ceased to mention FTTC, as of late December, Infinity checker says not due for rollout, again as of late December, where both used to have Dec 2010.

The cabinet has its cooling system running and wires from the old cabinet connected.

Another forum member has just posted a link to the document in the Subject. It shows my exchange as March 2011. (Ignore the fact the poster may be discussing ADSL2+, the document is FTTC dates).

Maybe it will help others as well as me.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 10-Jan-11 21:28:56)

Standard User MHC
(legend) Mon 10-Jan-11 21:22:03
Print Post

Re: OR rollout doc 7 Jab 2011

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The document, although dated 7th January 2011, may not be up to date. It gives my exchange as March 2011, but as I posted earlier, it is available NOW.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 10-Jan-11 21:28:32
Print Post

Re: OR rollout doc 7 Jan 2011

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Good point.

But what utter chaos!

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 10-Jan-11 21:30:49
Print Post

Re: OR rollout doc 7 Jab 2011

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

I just noticed my typo in the Subject as well. I even considered leaving it there, as referring to the new "stick a pin in a map" rollout strategy.

Standard User Ignitionnet
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 10-Jan-11 21:35:00
Print Post

Anyone have any idea who is subsiding Edinburgh, Manchester and Liverpool's FTTP?

I'm trying to work out why Edinburgh is getting twice as many FTTP exchanges as London despite having 1/15th of the population in a lower density urban conurbation.

Population (2009)
- Total 477,660
- Urban density 4,776/sq mi (1,844/km2)

Population (July 2007 est.)[2][3][4]
- London 7,556,900
- Density 12,450/sq mi (4,807/km2)

Either subsidy or cynicism! smile

Edited by Ignitionnet (Mon 10-Jan-11 21:46:18)

Standard User camieabz
(legend) Mon 10-Jan-11 22:44:34
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Perhaps many of London's are already enabled, and wouldn't be on that list.

No sign of my exchange. Harrumph!

~~~~~~~~~~

Message to the mods:

Don't you hate it that you can't disable sigs? Ha Ha!

© Camieabz 2002-2011

report this link
Standard User MHC
(legend) Mon 10-Jan-11 22:48:22
Print Post

Just need to confirm the install date first thing tomorrow - and decide if I want 2Mb or 10Mb upstream to complement the 32Mb or more downstream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User andyboygsi
(member) Mon 10-Jan-11 22:48:44
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

maybe there is some balance of investment. if it was based on population scotland as a whole would be far down the line which could maybe be considered as unfair.

you can imagine the political mess if english cities got priority due to higher populations.

also there are only so many engineers, maybe edinburgh is next on the hitlist for scottish folks, so isnt really getting priority, its simply the focus for the engineers in the area.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.

BTBroadband
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 11-Jan-11 09:35:37
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by camieabz:
Perhaps many of London's are already enabled, and wouldn't be on that list.

No sign of my exchange. Harrumph!

The list shows everything enabled and planned.
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 11-Jan-11 09:39:24
Print Post

[re: andyboygsi] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by andyboygsi:
maybe there is some balance of investment. if it was based on population scotland as a whole would be far down the line which could maybe be considered as unfair.

you can imagine the political mess if english cities got priority due to higher populations.

also there are only so many engineers, maybe edinburgh is next on the hitlist for scottish folks, so isnt really getting priority, its simply the focus for the engineers in the area.

I'm talking about proportions of FTTP exchanges here. Actually Manchester and Liverpool also are getting more FTTP proportionately than London so it's not an Scotland - England thing. London is by every measure getting the shaft as far as FTTP goes which makes zero sense given it should be the most economically viable place to do the work due precisely to that higher population density.

It's a bit odd, however saying that it's perfectly possible that a single new estate going up and getting FTTP is enough for BT to happily call an exchange FTTC/P so it's quite possible that these relate to greenfield FTTP sites.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to