General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User drudge
(newbie) Wed 12-Jan-11 12:39:11
Print Post

Race to infinity also-rans

[link to this post]

Hi. Does anyone know if there is a complete list anywhere on the web of communities and "votes" cast for them in BT's Race to Infinity exercise? Our village only has 730 subscribers so we were never in the "race" itself but I'd still like to know what the final total of votes was.

If this is the wrong place to ask, maybe someone can point me at the right forum !

Thanks.
Standard User BB4FABS
(newbie) Thu 13-Jan-11 08:25:56
Print Post

Re: Race to infinity also-rans

[re: drudge] [link to this post]

Race to Infinity Final Result (all 2,495 exchanges)
Standard User drudge
(newbie) Thu 13-Jan-11 13:23:09
Print Post

[re: BB4FABS] [link to this post]

Many thanks, BB4FABS, for the list of votes etc for qualified communities, but that wasn't quite what I was hoping for. Our village has fewer than 1000 subscribers, so we were never in the "race" proper. But BT urged communities like ours to vote anyway. If more than 75% of households voted then dear old BT would talk to us to discuss if any other solutions might be appropriate (or similar warm words).. As it happens we didn't get anything like 75% (which was a huge ask), but I wondered if nevertheless BT had published the votes recorded for communities like ours--or if anyone else had managed to capture the same data.

Should have kept an eye on our score on New Year's Eve, but I was too busy partying . . .

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BB4FABS
(newbie) Thu 13-Jan-11 20:30:56
Print Post

[re: drudge] [link to this post]

Race to Infinity Final Result (Ineligible Exchanges)

Edited by BB4FABS (Thu 13-Jan-11 20:31:41)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 13-Jan-11 21:24:07
Print Post

[re: BB4FABS] [link to this post]

Thanks again, BB4FABS for the new link!

Alas, we (Whiteparish exchange) aren't listed on that page, although I know for sure that at least 156 votes were cast, because that's what the BT site was showing at 1620 on New Year's Eve. Do you know what the source of the data on that page was?

There were two further links (Sheet 2 and Sheet 3) on your page which didn't work. Is it possible that Whiteparish would have been listed on one of those pages (if I'd been able to get to them)?

Cheers

Drudge
Standard User BB4FABS
(newbie) Thu 13-Jan-11 21:31:30
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Take a look at:
http://racetoinfinityandbeyond.veadas.net/league?fil...
Website has been down for the last few days but is now back up.
  Print Thread

Jump to