General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User seank1990
(newbie) Thu 13-Jan-11 20:15:00
Print Post

BT Availability Checker and Infinity Map

[link to this post]

The checker says 31st March but the map has changed and now says it is available in my area what is going on im confused is the map on Bt infinity Wrong
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 13-Jan-11 20:32:53
Print Post

Re: BT Availability Checker and Infinity Map

[re: seank1990] [link to this post]

I think BT's various databases are occasionally out of sync. Also it's always possible that an exchange has been kitted out but your cabinet hasn't been finished yet.

In my case the map says the exchange is ready, phone number checker says March 2011 and postcode checker tells me we're not getting it!!
Standard User WWWombat
(newbie) Fri 14-Jan-11 00:58:22
Print Post

[re: seank1990] [link to this post]

The checker (unfortunately) is more accurate than the simple exchange maps/lists, when you give it your phone number. The address checker may be accurate, but the postcode checker definitely isn't as accurate.

Like you, my exchange is now live, but my cabinet isn't due until March 30th (nor ADSL2+ until March 31st). Just before Christmas, the date was changing on almost a daily basis - from March to December, then to March, December, June, December and back to March again.

It is frustrating to watch the other cabinets go live, when I know ours was installed and powered up at the same time as those cabinets...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Jan-11 10:43:32
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In my case the map says the exchange is ready, phone number checker says March 2011 and postcode checker tells me we're not getting it!!

That is the exact same thing as me.

my cab hasn't been installed yet.

o2 LLU
ROUTER:-DGN2000
Sync 17848D 1412U Annex A
Att:-35.0dB Down 17.4dB Up
SNR:-1.5dB Down 3.1dB Up
  Print Thread

Jump to