General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nalla
(learned) Sat 15-Jan-11 16:58:02
Print Post

sam knows says yes bt wholesale says no

[link to this post]

hi all just wandering if anyone knows which is correct, i check everyday for availability of fttc, today i checked on sam knows and it has now changed to available, i then did a check on bt wholesale checker which still says 31st march, which is correct any help would be appreciated.
Standard User Zadeks
(regular) Sat 15-Jan-11 19:51:48
Print Post

Re: sam knows says yes bt wholesale says no

[re: nalla] [link to this post]

Samknows is general information where is BT wholesale is referring to your local cabinet.
Standard User nalla
(learned) Sun 16-Jan-11 11:24:02
Print Post

[re: Zadeks] [link to this post]

ok m8 cheers, was getting my hopes up there.

hmm im confused now, in the general broadband chatter section, someone on my exchange says they already have fttc, sam knows says its available but infinity website and bt wholesale checker say no, i know which cabinet im connected to and have seen a power company at the cabinet installing cables before christmas, so if the exchange is enabled why the delay on the cabinet.

Edited by nalla (Sun 16-Jan-11 12:17:47)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WWWombat
(newbie) Sun 16-Jan-11 15:27:16
Print Post

Ah, the ways of BT... and proof that what SamKnows isn't detailed enough for fibre installations.

My exchange is live, and there is at least one subscriber now on FTTC using it.

Many of the surrounding cabinets have been installed (they're generally a 2nd cabinet - and oddly, across the road from their PCP!), and had power installed back last september/October.

All the surrounding cabinets are live, according to BT's checker (and use of a few local phone numbers), including the closest cabinet to me (which doesn't supply us). Yet my cabinet isn't live - and still has a 30th March placeholder date.

BT are still gradually installing cabinets further from the exchange, and they're gradually getting power added to them. That explains delays to those areas, but ours? It means either a fault in the cabinet they're waiting to fix, or a deliberate choice to not provision this area just yet (the cabinet covers half of the local shopping/business area - not sure if that's a reason).

There was so much progress in December that I really got my hopes up, but nothing has happened for the last month. I guess it must be a patience-education trial.
Standard User Spasch
(experienced) Sun 16-Jan-11 20:15:53
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by WWWombat:
There was so much progress in December that I really got my hopes up, but nothing has happened for the last month. I guess it must be a patience-education trial.
The same in Leamington - so much work going on in December, and then the date reset to March 2011.. But I am still hopeful as Warwick and Kenilworth are now live..
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 16-Jan-11 20:54:19
Print Post

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

same here but i have notice BT still doing the ODD Cabinets here and there i reckon feb will be the go live
Standard User nalla
(learned) Mon 17-Jan-11 17:38:58
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

hmm well i have just been on the infinity website and it states my exchange is enabled in the list of exchanges enabled, if i do a number search at samknows it says its ready, if i do a search at btinfinity it says its not due to be rolled out, will this be because my estimation is only 14.4 mb so under the 15 limit that bt use.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 18-Jan-11 09:51:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by nalla:
hmm well i have just been on the infinity website
Do you mean the BT Wholesale website? Infinity is purely a BT Broadband product.
... and it states my exchange is enabled in the list of exchanges enabled, if i do a number search at samknows it says its ready, if i do a search at btinfinity it says its not due to be rolled out, will this be because my estimation is only 14.4 mb so under the 15 limit that bt use.
By "that BT use" I assume you mean that BT Broadband use for Infinity. In which case the answer will be Yes.

I expect any of the other BT FTTC suppliers will take your order, or perhaps you could still get in the Plusnet FTTC trial. That had good terms I think.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 18-Jan-11 09:52:08)

Standard User nalla
(learned) Tue 18-Jan-11 10:46:38
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

so have bt not dropped there minimum speed of 15mb, to 12 like mentioned in some posts on here.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 18-Jan-11 10:54:42
Print Post

Openreach have said they will now connect at estimates of 5Mbps, but I'm not aware of any ISP offering it, or even if BT Wholesale do.

12Mbps doesn't ring any bells with me. I think 11Mbps is the minimum estimate for OR to accept a 15Mbps order, but if the actual sync during the install is below 15Mbps the order is cancelled.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to