General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User NorthBucksAndrew
(newbie) Mon 24-Jan-11 13:34:44
Print Post

SMSU Exchange - FTTC Activity

[link to this post]

HI!

I'm a newbie here but have been reading the forum for some time and would welcome your wisdom!

I'm on the SMSU Exchange which covers west Milton Keynes and the surrounding villages. I suffer the usual issues with ADSL whereby I'm so far from the exchange (approx 8km) that I can *almost* get 1mb broadband!!

I'm most interested in the FTTC rollout and watched the RFC fopr the SMSU exchange change from 31st Dec 10 to 31st Mar 11. SamKnows now says its 1st Mar 11 which seems odd, I didn't realise dates came forward as well as being pushed back. BT confirm 31st Mar still and I can't place an order for Infinity yet.

Our local village news letter informed us of essential BT maintenance that would close the road heading toward Milton Keynes in January. The Buckinghamshire roadworks information system ELGIN showed the roads around our village forecast to be closed in Jan and Feb for BT work (presumerably to install Fibre in the cable ducts and new cabinets) but suddenly everything has disappeared off the ELGIN system and yet SamKnows has bought the RFC date forward.

Frustratingly I can't get any confirmation of whats happening or when but I was of the belief that the cabinets furthest from the exchange *generally* get attention for FTTC first. We're as far as you can get - the farm down the road is on the Buckingham exchange. It would seem that all activity planned by BT OR has evaporated (unless Bucks CC haven't updated it on ELGIN).

Does anyone here have any ideas about whats going on with SMSU or how long in advance of an RFS date I should expect cabinets to be installed?

Thanks in advance - and for having the patience to read my lengthy first post!

Kind Regards,
Andrew
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Mon 24-Jan-11 13:52:46
Print Post

Re: SMSU Exchange - FTTC Activity

[re: NorthBucksAndrew] [link to this post]

how long in advance of an RFS date I should expect cabinets to be installed?

weeks to months. Power supply delays have been cited recently and reading here you'll see plenty of mention of cabinets in place (and in some cases powered up) but not RFS.

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 24-Jan-11 23:50:30
Print Post

Re: SMSU Exchange - FTTC Activity

[re: NorthBucksAndrew] [link to this post]

Hi I'm on SMSU also. My cab went in 2 weeks ago (in Shenley Church End itself) and I saw an OR team in Furzton today prepping for a cab install. So things are definitely underway in the vicinity at least...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to