General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User WWWombat
(learned) Tue 25-Jan-11 01:38:51
Print Post

Brookwood Exchange, THBO - Cabinet Info

[link to this post]

I have a query about my cabinet - cabinet 27 in the Brookwood exchange, THBO.

Can anyone tell what has happened with this cabinet? It seems like everything had progressed well, alongside all the neighbouring cabinets. Regular changes in dates in December at least suggested *something* was happening, but there has been nothing whatsoever (so far) in January. All the neighbouring cabinets now seem to be live, but 27 is not - and stuck with a March 30th date.

The exchange started taking orders in November, and was properly enabled in December, with some orders fulfilled.

My cabinet's FTTC twin has been present for ages, with it being located across the road from the PCP, and with tarmac'ed works leading to the manhole covers outside.

I didn't see the power works done, but the council's website had them due last September.

It seems obvious that *something* has caused a delay on this cabinet, and I'd love to know what it is...
Standard User WWWombat
(learned) Tue 25-Jan-11 20:11:24
Print Post

Re: Brookwood Exchange, THBO - Cabinet Info

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

It seems I can answer this myself, as a set of roadworks has now appeared surrounding the fibre cabinet. It appears to be for power, again...

If only I had a tiny amount more patience!
Standard User Zadeks
(member) Tue 25-Jan-11 21:06:44
Print Post

It's worth the wait!

We're on the same exchange as you. 435 meters from the cab and full 38717/10000 sync. No complaints here. smile

Edited by Zadeks (Tue 25-Jan-11 21:07:05)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WWWombat
(regular) Fri 25-Mar-11 14:31:07
Print Post

In the end, it turned out that a *lot* more patience was required. The roadworks seen in January weren't enough, and returned earlier this month (they were for power both times; the original works went across the main road, the new works went along the pavement for about 100 yards instead). The date was also put back to June for a while.

So it was a pleasant surprise when the cabinet status changed on Wednesday (23rd March) to going live on the 24th.

We're 500m away, with an estimate of 30Mb down, 6Mb up. However, I'm expecting us to be on the border for full 40Mb.

I ordered the upgrade to Fibre yesterday - for us, getting included on the PlusNet trial was the obvious choice. Not quite such a cheap deal as it would have been if BT got the cabinet enabled in December or January, mind.
  Print Thread

Jump to