General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Dilbert
(regular) Wed 26-Jan-11 17:23:13
Print Post

Leadtime on installations for newly activated exchanges ?

[link to this post]

My exchange was originally due to be available for FTTC on the 31st December 2010, that got knocked back to March 31st 2011 before xmas but changed last week to 26th January 2011 ... today smile

Stuck on a 3mb connection at the moment so I have been chomping at the bit waiting for this, needless to say I placed my order first thing this morning (via Aquiss) and was wondering what sort of lead time I can expect before installation?

Hoping I am ahead of the rush in my area by placing the order at the start of today but prepared for the worst.

Any info appreciated.

Standard User BP1
(committed) Wed 26-Jan-11 17:40:52
Print Post

Re: Leadtime on installations for newly activated exchanges

[re: Dilbert] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Dilbert:
My exchange was originally due to be available for FTTC on the 31st December 2010, that got knocked back to March 31st 2011 before xmas but changed last week to 26th January 2011 ... today smile

Stuck on a 3mb connection at the moment so I have been chomping at the bit waiting for this, needless to say I placed my order first thing this morning (via Aquiss) and was wondering what sort of lead time I can expect before installation?

Hoping I am ahead of the rush in my area by placing the order at the start of today but prepared for the worst.

Any info appreciated.

I am on the Leamington Spa exchange and also noticed this morning that orders could be placed for ifinity.
Ours also originaly showed the FTTC dates as Dec 2010 and then March 2011 and then for the last couple of days 26 Jan 2011.
I stayed with BT and did my order online this morning. The order process gave me a date of 09/02/2011 which is approx 10 working days.
The BT order process lets you choose the installation date to which the earliest for me was 09/02/2011 between 8.00am to 13.00hrs

PS - Just noticed from your profile that you are on WG - If so i live a few streets from you

Regards

BP1

BTBroadband

"When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane"

Edited by BP1 (Wed 26-Jan-11 18:12:43)

Standard User Dilbert
(regular) Wed 26-Jan-11 18:00:13
Print Post

[re: BP1] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info matey.

IMines also the Leaminton Spa exchange, the date changed to the 26th Jan on the 22nd of Jan I think, I am sad and have been checking it almost daily smile

I considered going with BT but I do a lot of uploading and downloading and so I prefer the Aquiss FUP.

I work from home so can be available any time for installation so it will be interesting to see what date Openreach come back to Aquiss with for mine. It should be something similar but it wouldn't surprise me at all if provisioning for BT from Openreach was quicker.

Hopefully find out soon.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Jan-11 18:05:53
Print Post

"It should be something similar but it wouldn't surprise me at all if provisioning for BT from Openreach was quicker."

Not the case.

Standard User Dilbert
(regular) Wed 26-Jan-11 18:14:55
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
"It should be something similar but it wouldn't surprise me at all if provisioning for BT from Openreach was quicker."

Not the case.

Hope your right.

Standard User BP1
(committed) Wed 26-Jan-11 18:15:35
Print Post

Thanks for the info matey.

IMines also the Leaminton Spa exchange, the date changed to the 26th Jan on the 22nd of Jan I think, I am sad and have been checking it almost daily smile

I considered going with BT but I do a lot of uploading and downloading and so I prefer the Aquiss FUP.

I work from home so can be available any time for installation so it will be interesting to see what date Openreach come back to Aquiss with for mine. It should be something similar but it wouldn't surprise me at all if provisioning for BT from Openreach was quicker.

Hopefully find out soon.

Just noticed from your profile that you are on WG - If so i live a few streets from you

Regards

BP1

BTBroadband

Standard User Dilbert
(regular) Wed 26-Jan-11 18:25:04
Print Post

[re: BP1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BP1:
Just noticed from your profile that you are on WG - If so i live a few streets from you

Yup Mark Antony Drive just up from the gym, long way from the exchange in Leamington Spa but there's a street cabinet (and a shiny new one next to it) just at the end of my road so I am hoping that's the one I am connected to as its less that 100mm away so should be a nice connection.

The checker currently estimates I will get the following.

32.8Mb download
7.8Mb upload

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Jan-11 18:33:54
Print Post

Trust me, I am. grin If your cab is that close, you'll be fine. I'm 566m from mine, and I still get the full 40000Kbps down and 10000 up.

Standard User MHC
(legend) Wed 26-Jan-11 18:47:43
Print Post

... at the end of my road so I am hoping that's the one I am connected to as its less that 100mm away so should be a nice connection.

Do you live IN the cabinet? or have a tent attached?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User BP1
(committed) Wed 26-Jan-11 18:47:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by BP1:

Yup Mark Antony Drive just up from the gym, long way from the exchange in Leamington Spa but there's a street cabinet (and a shiny new one next to it) just at the end of my road so I am hoping that's the one I am connected to as its less that 100mm away so should be a nice connection.

The checker currently estimates I will get the following.

32.8Mb download
7.8Mb upload

I'm fed from cab 82 which is on the the other side of Mark Anthony Drive. Approx cable llength 300M to cab.
I get slightly lower estimate speed for FTTC. Currently sync at 4617kbps on ADSL2.
Still a great improvement and looking forward to the installation date now.

Cant believe about 5 years ago we all had TPON and dial up only on WG. If BT hadn't overlaid all 1600 lines to copper on the estate we would have been stuffed now for FTTC

Regards

BP1

BTBroadband

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to