General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Moderator billford
(moderator) Sun 06-Feb-11 16:03:27
Print Post

BT Speedtester

[link to this post]

Just for information... BT have changed the speedtester, on the opening page you now have to select whether you are on an ADSL/FTTC connection or have FTTP... who says they don't cater for minorities? tongue

They also appear to have broken the Java recognition on Opera/Mac, but I suppose some things never change frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User MHC
(legend) Sun 06-Feb-11 16:21:10
Print Post

Re: BT Speedtester

[re: billford] [link to this post]

I thought it was my PC and have just been checking the Java installation on FF. Obviously not!

I presume you get the message:
Java is not installed/enabled on your PC. To use the Performance Tester Java must be installed and enabled on your PC and Browser. To install latest version of Sun JRE, available for Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris and other operating systems, click here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Moderator billford
(moderator) Sun 06-Feb-11 16:24:25
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

That's the one... If I reload the page the message disappears, but it still won't let me run the test.

I've been through all the FAQ, but no indication how to report that it's broken. It doesn't work, therefore it's my fault mad mad mad

Fortunately it's fine on Safari.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(legend) Sun 06-Feb-11 16:31:06
Print Post

In FF it is a case of wait 5 seconds and the message disappears ...

Start to run the test but after 30 seconds it comes back with a failure message. FAQ does not even work in FF.

M H C

Moderator billford
(moderator) Sun 06-Feb-11 16:38:16
Print Post

After a little more testing, it will let me start if I remember to click the "Yes" radio button blush

But like you, it returns the failure message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User MHC
(legend) Sun 06-Feb-11 16:39:40
Print Post

Problem is in IE too !

M H C

Moderator billford
(moderator) Sun 06-Feb-11 16:47:48
Print Post

I can't believe even BT would break it on the most common browser around!!

Gotta be FTTC related... but I've no way of checking that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User MHC
(legend) Sun 06-Feb-11 16:52:26
Print Post

It was working fine yesterday as the old version with no FTTC/FTTP split, so unlikely to be FTTC related.

I have just posted a comment on the BT Business forum and waiting to see what they say.

M H C

Moderator billford
(moderator) Sun 06-Feb-11 16:55:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by MHC:
so unlikely to be FTTC related.
I only say that because I've seen no other reports of it failing... seems unlikely that you and I are the only ones to use it today crazy
I have just posted a comment on the BT Business forum and waiting to see what they say.
Good idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Feb-11 17:01:37
Print Post

Using a PC and Google Chrome here, lets me put in the tick, my number etc, starts and then packs up....

'The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.'

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to