General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User gruffle
(newbie) Mon 07-Feb-11 14:19:19
Print Post

Exchange is being FTTC but my cabinet is not being done

[link to this post]

So, the St Neots exchange is being FTTC enabled but BT in their wisdon have decided not to put FTTC in my cabinet. Arrrgh. Help.

So what happens now?

BT's engineering team presumably moves onto another area.

Is there any chance they come back to enable my cabinet?
Is there anything that infuences this?
Do they do the exchanges in phases?
Or is it just a case of they do most of an exchange then move on leaving a few unlucky subscribers out who wont get revisited until all the other exchanges are done.

Even worse I've got Virgin cable box outside and I cant get that either!

Great support for business.
Localised 3rd world notspot or what.
Standard User krazykizza
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 07-Feb-11 14:23:51
Print Post

Re: Exchange is being FTTC but my cabinet is not being done

[re: gruffle] [link to this post]

Is there any chance they come back to enable my cabinet? Probably
Is there anything that infuences this?Lines on the cabinet and cabinet capacity
Do they do the exchanges in phases?There doesn't seem to be a pattern, big and small exchanges being done
Or is it just a case of they do most of an exchange then move on leaving a few unlucky subscribers out who wont get revisited until all the other exchanges are done.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AOL > Virgin Media > Tiscali > Falconnet > UKFSN > Norfolk Internet
2mbps > Shapped 512k > 1mbps! > 6.5mbps > 4.5mbps > 6.5mbps
ADSL Joy. 31db att, 9db SNR, EntaFail.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 07-Feb-11 14:23:52
Print Post

Is there any chance they come back to enable my cabinet? Yes, how high a chance cannot say
Is there anything that infuences this? Number of lines connected to a cabinet, problems getting permission for cabinet in that location, e.g. is it a conservation area
Do they do the exchanges in phases? Sometimes, like the original ADSL roll-out, the full logic was never known

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User wolvesmad
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 07-Feb-11 14:31:39
Print Post

Why can you not get Virgin?

I take it you mean a green virgin cab?

-

XILO.net Office 8Mb
Standard User smitiai
(newbie) Mon 07-Feb-11 15:20:19
Print Post

[re: wolvesmad] [link to this post]

Hello..

Upon reading this thread im going through the same issue that Fibre was installed on my exchange in Sept last year but my cabinet was not upgraded. To make it worst the two cabs either side which one is 100yds and the other 300 yds are both enabled for fibre.

I have taken my fight right up to Steve robertson CEO openreach as i find this unacceptable.. They are saying my issue is due to failure of the 'technical criteria' needed.
It has passed the connections criteria.! but not the technical criteria.!

Does anyone know what the technical criteria actually is.?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 07-Feb-11 15:29:54
Print Post

[re: smitiai] [link to this post]

Technical

Permission for cabinet location
Space for a cabinet
Mains power

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User krazykizza
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 07-Feb-11 16:07:47
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Transformers and ASC upgrades don't always come cheap.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AOL > Virgin Media > Tiscali > Falconnet > UKFSN > Norfolk Internet
2mbps > Shapped 512k > 1mbps! > 6.5mbps > 4.5mbps > 6.5mbps
ADSL Joy. 31db att, 9db SNR, EntaFail.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 07-Feb-11 18:46:50
Print Post

[re: krazykizza] [link to this post]

In the same boat but my cabinet has defintiely been done (checked with friendly Openreach engineer)

Late 2010 Infinity checker was showing service was available after September 2010 go-live date.

Come January and ready to place an order, checker now just says "BT Infinity is not currently due to be rolled out in your area.Register and we will keep you up to date about the BT Infinity rollout."

It would be nice if it said something a little more encouraging especially as the exchange is definitely enabled.

Some gremlins in the system? Or a planned systematic roll-out for which a little bit more information would be really useful?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 07-Feb-11 19:07:13
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
In the same boat but my cabinet has defintiely been done (checked with friendly Openreach engineer)

Late 2010 Infinity checker was showing service was available after September 2010 go-live date.

Come January and ready to place an order, checker now just says "BT Infinity is not currently due to be rolled out in your area.Register and we will keep you up to date about the BT Infinity rollout."

It would be nice if it said something a little more encouraging especially as the exchange is definitely enabled.

Some gremlins in the system? Or a planned systematic roll-out for which a little bit more information would be really useful?
That's exactly what happened with ours mid-December, even though you could hear the cooling running inside it. Previously it had a 31 December schedule.

It went live some time in mid January.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User gruffle
(newbie) Mon 07-Feb-11 23:09:20
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the replies folks.

No obvious reason for planning issues, is roadside like any other cabinet, checked online an just no application made for this cabinet.

I assume BT's banal palm them off explanation would be "not enough subscribers in this area"

I suppose I was wondering what if anything might sway BT's hand, a local campaign to get everyone to sign up to infinity? or is this now too late and pointless as BT have now "done" St Neots and the teams will move on elsewhere?

As for virgin Grrr ... cables in the street outside my premises, green louvred boxes around the place, flat refusal bt Virgin to even look into it any further.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to