General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Fatlab
(regular) Mon 07-Feb-11 17:39:38
Print Post

Problem migrating to Infinity from SKY LLU BB & Line Rental

[link to this post]

Having originally ordered Infinity on Jan 26th for a Feb 11th installation, Ive just taken a call from BT saying they cannot process the Infinity order until the line is live with BT. That means the line rental will switch from SKY on Feb 11th and I now need to process an Infinity order the following day with a go live potentially another two weeks out from then.

Less than ideal but on par with my expectations of BT unfortunately.

I'd be interested in finding out if anyone ordering through a different ISP is having a similar problem.

Regards

Dave

Edited by Fatlab (Mon 07-Feb-11 17:41:31)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 07-Feb-11 18:10:08
Print Post

Re: Problem migrating to Infinity from SKY LLU BB & Line Ren

[re: Fatlab] [link to this post]

Caveat emptor!

If you read the forums you will find that going to Full LLU can cause just this type of problem....
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 07-Feb-11 18:37:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by Fatlab:
Not BT's fault. It's because you moved your telephone to another provider.

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 07-Feb-11 18:43:39
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:

Telephone Line........
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 07-Feb-11 18:48:56
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Telephone Line........
What about it?

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User Fatlab
(regular) Mon 07-Feb-11 19:24:35
Print Post

I would have agreed were it not for the fact that;

1 BT's ordering system acknowledging that my line was with another provider at the point of order,
2 Several calls with BT confirming that my number would not change in moving from Sky and that this was a common migration, and the two activities could be completed in parallel
3 10 days passing between ordering and having the install appointment scheduled and BT realising that there was a disconnect,
4 receiving confirmation that my equipment is in transit and will arrive on Wednesday

You are of course correct in admonishing me for now doubting what I had been told several times and I will be less critical of incompetence in future.

Regards

Dave
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 07-Feb-11 19:39:17
Print Post

1 BT's ordering system acknowledging that my line was with another provider at the point of order,
2 Several calls with BT confirming that my number would not change in moving from Sky and that this was a common migration, and the two activities could be completed in parallel
3 10 days passing between ordering and having the install appointment scheduled and BT realising that there was a disconnect,
4 receiving confirmation that my equipment is in transit and will arrive on Wednesday

You are of course correct in admonishing me for now doubting what I had been told several times and I will be less critical of incompetence in future.
Now it appears you only gave half the story, no doubt assuming everyone can read your mind. This may be why you're where you are.

Standard User BP1
(committed) Mon 07-Feb-11 20:12:55
Print Post

Having originally ordered Infinity on Jan 26th for a Feb 11th installation, Ive just taken a call from BT saying they cannot process the Infinity order until the line is live with BT. That means the line rental will switch from SKY on Feb 11th and I now need to process an Infinity order the following day with a go live potentially another two weeks out from then.

I'd be interested in finding out if anyone ordering through a different ISP is having a similar problem.

Regards

Dave

Don't let this annoy you to much.
OK slight ordering problem which is going to delay things by about 2 weeks. (Easy mistake)
On the good side of things you are right next to the fibre cab and will probably get the best connection on the estate.
Lets hope all goes well on thursday

Regards

BP1

BTBroadband

"When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane"

Edited by BP1 (Mon 07-Feb-11 20:16:35)

Standard User Fatlab
(regular) Mon 07-Feb-11 22:26:44
Print Post

Now it appears you only gave half the story, no doubt assuming everyone can read your mind. This may be why you're where you are.

Actually I'm in posession of the full facts and I believe telepathy is overrated as people choose to believe what they want to believe as long as it supports their argument.. Unfortunately you chose to comment on the opinion and not the question asked which which related to experiences of ordering via other ISP's.

I dont have a problem where I am, but I am pointing out a gotcha to others who may not have the flexibility in their schedule to have their plans changed at short notice to allow engineer visits by an organisation who does have "the full story".

At least your sarcasm may have help others and for that I am grateful.

Regards

Dave

attack the post not the poster

Edited by Fatlab (Mon 07-Feb-11 22:31:44)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 07-Feb-11 23:58:08
Print Post

what is infinity like for watching tvcatchup and streaming other sites
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to