General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User danielowenuk
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 08-Feb-11 11:42:03
Print Post

Changed RFS date (31st March to 16th Feb)

[link to this post]

Should I get excited, my RFS date has changed from the 31st of March to the 16th of Feb... THATS NEXT WEEK!!!

Has anyone else's?

(chesterfield exchange btw)
Standard User Dilbert
(regular) Tue 08-Feb-11 12:01:59
Print Post

Re: Changed RFS date (31st March to 16th Feb)

[re: danielowenuk] [link to this post]

Yup mine changed from 31st March 2011 (after previously changing to that from the 31st Dec 2010) to the 26th Jan 2011 ... so good to see they shaved a couple of months off their revised date after putting it back 3 months.

Just to forewarn you though, your installation date could be a couple of weeks after that based on my experience.

I ordered mine the morning of the very first day it was available on the 26th Jan and the first available install date was the 10th Feb, so expect to wait a couple of extra weeks for a working connection after the RFS date if that's the norm, which it seemed to be for my cabinet from what others posted. Maybe install dates have shorter lead times in other areas but best to be prepared for a wait and hopefully have a nice surprise.

Standard User Spasch
(experienced) Tue 08-Feb-11 12:22:58
Print Post

[re: Dilbert] [link to this post]

My mate had his order processed in Leam on Friday past (4th) and has an install date of the 14th, so less time than ours (maybe because we ordered on the busiest day??)..

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(legend) Tue 08-Feb-11 12:45:54
Print Post

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

The date will be the earliest a technician is available. They have plenty of other work to do and that will be scheduled in already plus time has to be allocated for business repairs (same day, next day, next working day &c) so you will be added to the queue which could be 10 days long. It is unlikely that anyone will get an install date less than a week - especially as BT (or teh ISP) has to order and ship teh router direct to you which can take 2 or 3 days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
ISP Representative DaveTomlinson
(isp) Wed 09-Feb-11 21:05:43
Print Post

Yep, it's true, the first 12 cabs in Chesterfield go live on 16th February, sadly my cab isn't getting FTTC at all. I'd expect to see more cabs going live in Chez over the next few weeks, same as Mosborough, that went live last week. Expecting to see Dronfield get the first dates in the next few weeks.

Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
PlusNet Product Team
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Yerman164
(newbie) Wed 09-Feb-11 22:23:33
Print Post

[re: DaveTomlinson] [link to this post]

Only 12 going live next week? It seems a strange way of doing things, from a few post-codes I've checked there is no order or pattern to it, a cabinet just up the road from me is live on the 16th February, but mine is still 31st March. I'm pretty sure all of them near me are finished.
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-Feb-11 08:36:06
Print Post

[re: DaveTomlinson] [link to this post]

Seems strange just 12, but I know ours hasn't been touched for over a month now, so it's definitely ready, where as one in Calow (near work) was only put in last week and still has a big hole round it.
Standard User bobbyboyuk
(member) Thu 10-Feb-11 14:54:58
Print Post

i checked my number the other day, noticed it had changed again, Im Hasland smile says il get 7.2mb ! still better than 3 i suppose, lving down churchside for you !
Standard User Squirrel
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-Feb-11 20:23:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by danielowenuk:
Should I get excited, my RFS date has changed from the 31st of March to the 16th of Feb... THATS NEXT WEEK!!!

Has anyone else's?

(chesterfield exchange btw)

I'm not on the Chesterfield exchange but the same happened to me. Date changed from 30th September 2010, to 31st December 2010, to 15th January 2011 and then to 31st March 2011. People I know at work who live very close to me and are on the same exchange as me got connected on 17th January. Mine still said 31st March.

Then one day at the end of January mine changed to 3rd February 2011.

I just *happened* to be online at midnight as the clock ticked over to 3rd, checked my number on the BT site at about 5 seconds passed midnight and my availability date had changed to "Now" so I ordered Infinity.

Its being fitted next Thursday, 17th

I just hope it turns out to have been worth the wait !!

Ian Stirling

O2 Broadband Standard
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 11-Feb-11 08:06:14
Print Post

[re: bobbyboyuk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bobbyboyuk:
i checked my number the other day, noticed it had changed again, Im Hasland smile says il get 7.2mb ! still better than 3 i suppose, lving down churchside for you !

I didn't think they would fit anything under 15Mbs?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to