General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ConorMK
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Feb-11 14:58:05
Print Post

Infinity enabled on exchange but cannot order

[link to this post]

The BT Infinity site says that my exchange (SMBT) is ready but the site says 31st March to order.

WHy is this? Is this some kind of stall tactic?

Conor

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation
Standard User Spasch
(experienced) Tue 08-Feb-11 15:03:43
Print Post

Re: Infinity enabled on exchange but cannot order

[re: ConorMK] [link to this post]

What does the BT Wholesale checker say for your phone number? Potentially your cabinet is not ready yet, and only your phone number will tell for sure.
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Feb-11 15:08:14
Print Post

I get the same result for my exchange (WMHAS), however I'm pretty sure that my cabinet is not ready yet. All the holes dug have been filled in (last one late last week) but I don't think that Openreach have installed the VDSL2 kit yet. frown

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be*
Far too many computers, 1 Wife, 3 Maine Coons and too many horses smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 08-Feb-11 15:22:23
Print Post

What do the others say? As a fairly light user I'm looking at IDNet, which is fairly competitive with BT apart from startup costs.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User ConorMK
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Feb-11 10:50:49
Print Post

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

BT Wholesale Checker says:

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 1.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 1Mbps and 2.5Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 2Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 1Mbps and 3.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 500Kbps and downstream line speed of 500Kbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 250Kbps and 1.5Mbps.

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st March 2011. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 37.5Mbps and upstream line speed of 9.8Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

I currently have a 7MB connection.

Conor

Standard User ConorMK
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Feb-11 10:51:08
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

They all say its not available.

Conor

Standard User ConorMK
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Feb-11 10:52:05
Print Post

[re: TheHorseman] [link to this post]

There is a new cabinet at the end of the street but I have no idea if there is any kit installed.

Conor

Moderator billford
(moderator) Wed 09-Feb-11 10:55:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by ConorMK:
There is a new cabinet at the end of the street but I have no idea if there is any kit installed.
One unscientific way to check is to put your ear to it- if you can hear fans running then there's kit in there, if you can't then there isn't. (Or at least, it's not powered up.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Feb-11 11:11:37
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by billford:
One unscientific way to check is to put your ear to it- if you can hear fans running then there's kit in there, if you can't then there isn't. (Or at least, it's not powered up.)

Done that with mine, total silence frown

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be*
Far too many computers, 1 Wife, 3 Maine Coons and too many horses smile
Standard User Spasch
(experienced) Wed 09-Feb-11 12:26:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by ConorMK:
BT Wholesale Checker says:

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 1.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 1Mbps and 2.5Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 2Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 1Mbps and 3.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 500Kbps and downstream line speed of 500Kbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 250Kbps and 1.5Mbps.

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st March 2011. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 37.5Mbps and upstream line speed of 9.8Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

I currently have a 7MB connection.
Means your cab is yet to be enabled.. Keep checking as the date will eventually (hopefully) change to the real date..
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to