General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Tue 08-Feb-11 18:16:47
Print Post

Sim Provide FTTC & Line

[link to this post]

"The Communications Provider may submit a simultaneous provide Order for Service in conjunction with an order for WLR service or MPF service over a single newly provided metallic pair for the baseband voice service. The CDD will be the same date as the delivery date of the WLR or MPF service as further described in the Handbook."

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-...

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 08-Feb-11 18:22:34
Print Post

Re: Sim Provide FTTC & Line

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Nice to know it's possible, but in the next para:
An Order may also be rejected for another reason set out by BT in the relevant product documentation.
frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM

Edited by billford (Tue 08-Feb-11 18:30:15)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User reme8488
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 08-Feb-11 18:35:13
Print Post

I had a sim provide this morning for a new BT phone line and BT Infinity (option 2). The BT engineer was here at 08:30 (phoned me at 07:45 to say what time he would be here at) and finished about 11:15. Everything went very smoothly and everything works as it's supposed to.

547m from the FTTC cab and got a profile of 38717 kbps down and 10000 kbps up with an average throughput of 37.5 mbit down and 8.02 mbit up.

It took just under 4 weeks from ordering to installing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Regards...
Tom

My Photo Galleries

My daughter Kerry's Art Gallery

Sky LLU @ 6.5mbit/1mbit
BT Infinity @ 38.7mbit/10mbit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Tue 08-Feb-11 18:36:25
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

it's the terms and conditions, inevitably full of caveats. You won't get a phone line if there's no spare pairs, for example.

Phil

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 08-Feb-11 18:44:25
Print Post

I appreciate that, but some mention of "best endeavours" or even "reasonable effort" to supply a fibre would have been nice.

As it is it's like you said elsewhere- there's no indication that they'll make any effort to run a pair from a nearby fibre-enabled cabinet if (for example) there's already a spare pair in a convenient cable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Tue 08-Feb-11 18:53:10
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

but some mention of "best endeavours"

there speaks a man without contract law training !

Phil

MaxDSL diagnostics
Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 08-Feb-11 19:00:50
Print Post

laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 09-Feb-11 00:07:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by yarwell:
but some mention of "best endeavours"
there speaks a man without contract law training !
It's a lovely trap, "best endeavours".

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
  Print Thread

Jump to