General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 10-Feb-11 15:20:21
Print Post

Bt Infinity - BT Wholesale Checker reliable?

[link to this post]

Hi

Can anyone help with the conflicting informtion I have and maybe educate me on the subject...

Im looking to get BT Infinity, intially I had December for my exchange (Sevenoaks) then March 31 and now finally July 1st.

However whenever I check different places I get conflicting information.

Firstly on the BT Wholesale Checker I get the following...

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 30.2 Mbps and upstream line speed of 6.8 Mbps.

However if I check SamsKnows I get

FTTC status: RFS date set : 01/06/2011

then finally if I check the bt infinity check I get

Fibre optic broadband
We're rolling out our fibre optic network to bring you faster speeds of up to 40Mb. Register your interest now and we'll contact you near to the date stated. 30.2Mb download
6.8Mb upload 01-July-2011

So does anyone know why the BT Wholesale Chcker gives different information? (http://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Community/Broadband_Community/Coverage/ADSL_Availibility_Checker.html)

Should I assume that I need to wait until July 1st?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 10-Feb-11 21:04:34
Print Post

Re: Bt Infinity - BT Wholesale Checker reliable?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Note that the BT Wholesale checker says "your line currently supports a fibre technology ...". Not your line currently has available ....

A subtle but important difference.

What it does seem to mean is that a rollout is planned but the expected date is unclear. Usually in this situation the Infinity checker copies the expected date from there.

However way back last year the Infinity checker was reported as having a "place-holder" date of December 2010, meaning that rollout was intended but not yet scheduled. In other words, fairly meaningless.

The 1 July may be the same? I'm not sure which BT database Samknows gets the info from.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 10-Feb-11 21:16:29
Print Post

Thanks for the reply. Looks like it's all a waiting game with no clear indication of whats going on

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 10-Feb-11 21:23:05
Print Post

'Fraid so frown.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 10-Feb-11 21:51:53
Print Post

The latest list from openreach gives an expected availability of June 2011 so 1st July is the best guess at the moment. Assuming no unforseen delays.
  Print Thread

Jump to