General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 11-Feb-11 16:35:50
Print Post

rfs date changed form 31st march to not planned

[link to this post]

hi all, went onto btinfinity site today as i do quite often, and put in my phone no and it says fttc is not due to be rolled out in my area, but previously i has given a date of 31st march, and the cab has been in place since middle of november, any reasons for this change, any replies would be appreciated.
Standard User Spasch
(experienced) Fri 11-Feb-11 20:47:49
Print Post

Re: rfs date changed form 31st march to not planned

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

What does the BT Wholesale checker say? This is the definitive checker, IMO, where all the providers get their data.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 12-Feb-11 12:07:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
hi all, went onto btinfinity site today as i do quite often, and put in my phone no and it says fttc is not due to be rolled out in my area, but previously i has given a date of 31st march, and the cab has been in place since middle of november, any reasons for this change, any replies would be appreciated.
In my case similar happened, and others have had the same.

I suggest you go and listen at the vents in the left-hand door of the fibre cab and find out if it is powered up. (OK so you will look like a nutter, but being one I did this).

If it is not, then I wouldn't like to say what is happening - could well be they are waiting for electricity supply to it and have no date from the elec people.

If it is powered up, as mine and some of the others were, it probably means final setup somewhere between there and the exchange is being done. The dates should re-appear very soon, perhaps a few days before actual live, or it may just go live/available.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 12-Feb-11 12:18:12
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

ok m8 cheers will do that, but i did seed an elecy company there before christmas, when the path was dug up, but maybe the couldnt do it for some reason, will have to have a listen at the box, my exchange is enabled as people on these forums live near me and have infinity, done the bt wholesale checker that says 31st march, sam knows says its available, oh well more waiting lol, cheers for the replys.
Standard User Quark999
(newbie) Mon 14-Feb-11 15:05:40
Print Post

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

Just had the same - used to be December 2010, then March 2011, now BT Infinity says "not planned" and the wholesale checker says 30th of September 2011!

As I drive past the cabinet every morning, I know that the power company has stopped by about two weeks ago and dug up the path (even saw the ducting for the power cable in there), and someone called "Cross telecom" or something has tinkered with the box afterwards.

I'm therefore really hoping that this is just the final glitch before a proper enablement date, and not really yet another shift!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 14-Feb-11 17:01:31
Print Post

[re: Quark999] [link to this post]

Saying the same thing for me, today.

Can't be right though, as the fibre cabinet is literally just by the side of house.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 14-Feb-11 17:09:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Saying the same thing for me, today.

Can't be right though, as the fibre cabinet is literally just by the side of house.

Posted this a second ago.

Just checked on BT Wholesale and it's saying that my cabinet is planned for WBC FTTC by 30th September 2011 :@

Well.. [censored]. Considering it was originally dated for 31st December, that's 9 months ahead. Really hope this isn't the case.
  Print Thread

Jump to