General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Spasch
(experienced) Thu 17-Feb-11 12:56:39
Print Post

Leamington Exchange Issues

[link to this post]

I've started a new thread as the one we hijacked was getting very long.

I have just had an email stating that the DSLam issue at the Leamington Spa exchange has now been resolved (thanks Martin for all the updates!!). I've not received a new install date as yet, but at least it is fixed. laugh
Standard User BP1
(committed) Thu 17-Feb-11 14:02:18
Print Post

Re: Leamington Exchange Issues

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

Funny as i got told different just a few hours ago from BT Ifinity.

The latest update i have is that the exchange problem is now due to be fixed any time upto 22 Feb.
They are going to re-access on the 22 Feb and if all well then installs will start again on that date.
Should bear in mind that the original fix should have been completed 3 days after 10 Feb.

I really do hope that your update is the most current. I have a install date of 23 Feb.

BTW Thanks for posting the updates and starting the new thread.

Regards

BP1

BTBroadband

"When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane"
Standard User Spasch
(experienced) Thu 17-Feb-11 14:30:03
Print Post

[re: BP1] [link to this post]

Yeah, I saw your post in the other thread. This information is coming from my ISP, who is liaising with OpenReach, so I believe (hope!!!) it to be accurate.. smile

No worries - figured it was better to start a new thread in case anyone else came looking for information about Leamington and wouldn't think to look in the thread about Sky. smile

I suspect you are going to be the Guinea pig as I assume that the next available appointment won't be for 10 to 14 days, and yours is next Wednesday.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Spasch
(experienced) Thu 17-Feb-11 16:06:39
Print Post

My friend, who was supposed to have his install on Monday (14th), has just received a new install date of Thursday the 24th.
Standard User Dilbert
(regular) Thu 17-Feb-11 16:18:53
Print Post

Sorry I have been AWOL from the forums, I was only made aware of some issues the other day when I contacted Aquiss regards some slowness with my FTTC during the day.

I managed to get my FTTC installed just before they started postponing installs due to the problems at Leam, I was Installed at 8am on the 10th Feb and the engineer reckoned I was the first one to get installed on the cabinet.

II was on 3Mb ADSL2+ with Aquiss and am now on FTTC Business 90 with Aquiss.

When it was installed they tested it and said it was synced at 40Mb down and 10Mb up, and also said that uncapped it was capable of something like 57Mb down and 19Mb up, my house is only 150metres from the street VDSL cabinet.

On the whole since the install its been pretty good and on an evening speedtests are usually showing around 37/38Mb down and 8.5Mb up .... but during the daytime hours it can be very poor (I have had as low as 3Mb down on the speedtests, and 24Mb down at the most during 9 to 5 hours, strangeley uploads tend to show 8.5Mb most of the time) for some reason and I have reported this to Aquiss and Martin has been investigating.

I don't know if this is something related to the problems at the Leamington exchange but it would be nice if speeds were consistent during the day too.

Having said that, even with the slowness during the day its still been a complete game changer for me, I tend to do my uploads and downloads during the night anyway and at that time its been running at almost full speed for me which has been great...... ive done some 20GB+ uploads (I am a photographer) to the USA overnight and they just wouldn't have been possible on 3Mb ADSL2+

Sorry to hear some of you guys have had your installs put back, I hope they get the issues sorted soon for you because for us stuck out on Warwick gates miles from the exchange FTTC is a complete revelation!

Standard User Spasch
(experienced) Thu 17-Feb-11 16:38:14
Print Post

[re: Dilbert] [link to this post]

Thanks for the update!!

Hopefully your daytime speed issues will go away now that the FTTC circuit issues have been resolved.
Standard User Fatlab
(regular) Thu 17-Feb-11 17:42:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by Spasch:
Thanks for the update!!

Hopefully your daytime speed issues will go away now that the FTTC circuit issues have been resolved.

Untill all the rest of us get on smile (~1300 dwellings on Warwick Gates, 288 connections per cab...)

Regards

Dave
Standard User aquiss
(experienced) Thu 17-Feb-11 20:04:00
Print Post

[re: Dilbert] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Dilbert:
On the whole since the install its been pretty good and on an evening speedtests are usually showing around 37/38Mb down and 8.5Mb up .... but during the daytime hours it can be very poor

Can you keep sending in tests for me please? I really need the BT speedtester to go red as it will prove a fault. The problem is I'm seeing too many passing BT checks, making it difficult to prove to BT of capacity issues.

I have trained all the staff this week on a new managed process inhouse that we doing with FTTC faults. There is alot of oddness going on in some areas, in your case, slow in the daytime, but great in the evenings (bemusing).

Leamington Spa, to be blunt, is a right mess. I'm aware that we have 27 installs in the area, 4 got installed and the rest have got delayed, though some new dates have now being provided.

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Internet
http://www.aquiss.net
Standard User Fatlab
(regular) Sat 19-Feb-11 09:54:27
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

I found out a friend of mine on Warwick Gates had Infinity installed via BT last week (and received a HH3!) connected via the Ophelia Drive cab. He commented on how variable the throughput is at the moment particularly during the day. He was experiencing throughput almost alternating between full speed and less than 1mb. I suggested he starts reporting regular speed tests on here to possibly corroborate the issue Martin from Aquiss believes to exist.

Regards

Dave
Standard User Spasch
(experienced) Mon 21-Feb-11 10:21:11
Print Post

[re: Fatlab] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Fatlab:
Untill all the rest of us get on smile (~1300 dwellings on Warwick Gates, 288 connections per cab...)

Regards

Dave
I've just heard that BT are having more issues in the Leamington area. Hopefully we'll get an update sometime this afternoon.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to