General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nalla
(learned) Thu 17-Feb-11 22:46:03
Print Post

bt line checker changed today

[link to this post]

hi all just wandering, i have been using btinfinity + bt broadand + sam knows phone checkers on a daily basis to see when i can get fttc, my date was until today 31st march according to the bt phone checker, but today has changed it now says

our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated wbc fttc broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 14.3mbps and upstream line speed of 5.5mbps

so does this meen i can now palce an order.

but if i do an infinity check it says my area is not due to be rolled out, so i cant put in an online order for infinity service.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 17-Feb-11 23:23:58
Print Post

Re: bt line checker changed today

[re: nalla] [link to this post]

From what I've seen so far, and my own experience, that means it will be activated within a couple of weeks.

It's getting done so they know it isn't March 31, but they don't know the exact date so leave it out.

Keep an eye on the BT Wholesale checker. When the actual date goes in the Infinity cheacker will probably go the same.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User aquiss
(experienced) Fri 18-Feb-11 07:53:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by nalla:
our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated wbc fttc broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 14.3mbps and upstream line speed of 5.5mbps

That means you can start to order FTTC now. I presume BT Retail must be still using their own criteria, such as not accepting order below 15 meg?

Many other ISPs, including ourselves, should be able to do something.

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Internet
http://www.aquiss.net

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User nalla
(learned) Fri 18-Feb-11 09:06:58
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

ok cheers for that, i think i will give infinity a call then as i am probably best getting bt's offering as they will install a new line for free when ordering broadband and phone, and i want a second line putting in for fttc and keep old line for adsl, greedy i know haha.
Standard User MHC
(legend) Fri 18-Feb-11 13:21:36
Print Post

Could be interesting to see what effect VDSL has on your existing ADSL - can you get a series of bin loading graphs along with SNR margin at specific times. Then repeat those once the VDSL service has been installed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 18-Feb-11 13:37:00
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
Could be interesting to see what effect VDSL has on your existing ADSL - can you get a series of bin loading graphs along with SNR margin at specific times. Then repeat those once the VDSL service has been installed.
?
You can't do that on VDSL2 with the BT modem can you?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User MHC
(legend) Fri 18-Feb-11 13:41:19
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by MHC:
?
You can't do that on VDSL2 with the BT modem can you?

I'm suggesting doing it on the ADSL line.

M H C

Standard User nalla
(learned) Fri 18-Feb-11 14:32:33
Print Post

i didnt think it would affect my existing line, unless they move both the new and existing line to the fttc cab.
Standard User MHC
(legend) Fri 18-Feb-11 14:51:53
Print Post

Your lines will still terminate in the existing cabinet. The voice circuit goes into that cabinet, it is then patched to the FTTC cabinet and a the combined signal returned with is then connected to your line termination.

M H C

Standard User nalla
(regular) Fri 18-Feb-11 15:45:37
Print Post

hmm well, i just phoned bt infinity and they say fttc is not due to be released in my area, they dont even have a date, but the bt wholesale checker and sam knows both say my cabinet is enabled, not looking good for me.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to