General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 20-Feb-11 11:04:48
Print Post

ISPs accepting 5-15Mbps estimates.

[link to this post]

It seems BT do not yet accept Infinity orders for below 15Mbps, even though Openreach have been accepting 5Mbps+ orders for a while.

I'd like to include a note against providers in my list. I've just done the first I know of. Anyone know of others?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 20-Feb-11 11:30:10)

Standard User nalla
(regular) Mon 21-Feb-11 15:25:28
Print Post

Re: ISPs accepting 5-15Mbps estimates.

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

i have read somewhere on these forums that bt had reduced there minimum to 12 mbps, but as i have found out htis is not true as my estimate is 14.3mbps, and as a result i cannot place an oreder, i phoned up bt in the hope that i could palce an order over the phone but htey say that fttc is not due to be rolled out in my area but bt wholesale checker says its available, whereas on the talk talk phone checker it says "fttc is available in your area, However your line currently doesn't meet the minimum speed requirements ". so it is obviously available, do you know if and when bt might lower this minimum speed restriction.
Standard User aquiss
(experienced) Mon 21-Feb-11 17:25:11
Print Post

[re: nalla] [link to this post]

I have mentioned before, in reply to yourself, that other ISPs already cater for speeds below the 15Mbps bracket.

I'm certainly not pushing ourselves, but I did advise previously to shop around beyond the "the market leaders, in order of customer size".

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 21-Feb-11 17:39:42
Print Post

Pretty well all the ISPs on my list would accept an order with a 14.3Mbps estimate as the actual is almost certain to be much higher.

The 5Mbps option is to cater for the really low ones.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre.
Standard User nalla
(regular) Mon 21-Feb-11 19:40:42
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

yes i know that other companies may accept the order below 15mb, but the reasons i want bt are, firstly free line installation with broadband and phone package, so i can get a second line, and then the price ( £28 300gb fup ) as i am a heavy user and can quite easily hit the 300 gig mark, and every other isp that i have looked at has either very long peak times with really low usage for anywhere near the same price, some were going over the £100 mark for that kind of usage which simply isnt suitable for me, i would reluctantly prefer to wait for acceptable usage limits before shelling out anything more than £35 for an internt connection.
Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Feb-11 22:54:47
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

We've been accepting < 15Mb since we launched. Lowest estimate we accepted was 3.4mb and it went live at 19!

Just cant trust the bt checker at all

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 21-Feb-11 23:03:40
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Adsl24:
We've been accepting < 15Mb since we launched. Lowest estimate we accepted was 3.4mb and it went live at 19!

Just cant trust the bt checker at all
Thanks James. Will update my site, probably tomorrow.

Standard User nalla
(regular) Tue 22-Feb-11 09:34:56
Print Post

and to top it off btinfinity sent me an email today saying congratulations btinfinity is now available in your area, are they taking the p***
Standard User bobbyboyuk
(member) Mon 28-Feb-11 19:36:34
Print Post

my cabinets enabled now in chesterfield, BT say not available ,yet wholesale checker says it is.

Crazy that BT wont accept it. says il get 7mb down

Edited by bobbyboyuk (Mon 28-Feb-11 19:36:57)

Standard User jdowning640
(regular) Mon 28-Feb-11 20:27:35
Print Post

[re: bobbyboyuk] [link to this post]

BT are now accepting orders for below 15Mbps over the phone - call them up and ask them about their product called 'Broadband with Fibre'.

Jack
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to