General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 08-Nov-11 13:11:08
Print Post

Re: Anyone live on PCP 67

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Anyone know where to get updates on the rollout. I'm on PCP 79 and its looking more and more like this cab is being ignored - despite appearing the phase 6a list.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 09-Nov-11 21:06:21
Print Post

i understand it will be done although there appears to be a delay on it at present
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 14-Nov-11 15:52:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
In reply to a post by chainsawdude:
OK, have ordered now and the installation date is Wednesday (26/10/10)

Just looking for confirmation that its not an error with the number checker really.

It has been a very long wait, stuck for 7 years on 0.6Mbps, can't believe FTTC has finally arrived with no notification or marketing campaign at all! I thought they would have written to everyone inviting subscribers to update.

Yes I am on PCP 67 have just gone live - 1st November with BT Infinity. Getting 37.5Mb down and 8Mb up, (was 1.2Mb down - 0.3Mb up and yes it was a better speed than most in Chineham.)

Very happy.

Just uploaded a YouTube video showing the speed diffrence before and after BT Infinty. you need to look at part 1 -before and Part 2 - after
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4oWIe9h6Dk

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 14-Nov-11 19:48:33
Print Post

Any news on PCP66?

Does anyone have any news on PCP66? Considering my house is situated nearer PCP67 than 66, which is now live, I am getting ever more frustrated frown

According to Elgin, both the recent roadworks (mentioned above) and today's road works appear to be for SE Water rather than Openworks. I did talk to an Openworks guy who was doing some work on the corner next to PCP66 and he believed it should be ready in the very near future if not already - he expected it had already had all the connections (including power) made, but this doesn't tally with what people have mentioned here (ie roadworks on elgin being cancelled) and the wholesale checker (which still reports no FTTC for my phone number). He suggested calling BT infinity and asking if they had a date set for the PCP being ready but I couldn't easily find the number on the website so gave up..... frown
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 18-Nov-11 10:46:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by chainsawdude:
OK, have ordered now and the installation date is Wednesday (26/10/10)

Just looking for confirmation that its not an error with the number checker really.

It has been a very long wait, stuck for 7 years on 0.6Mbps, can't believe FTTC has finally arrived with no notification or marketing campaign at all! I thought they would have written to everyone inviting subscribers to update.

Yes I am on PCP 67 have just gone live - 1st November with BT Infinity. Getting 37.5Mb down and 8Mb up, (was 1.2Mb down - 0.3Mb up and yes it was a better speed than most in Chineham.)

Very happy.

Just uploaded a YouTube video showing the speed diffrence before and after BT Infinty. you need to look at part 1 -before and Part 2 - after
http://youtu.be/lboH5hG2rag
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 18-Nov-11 11:14:05
Print Post

... nested quotes trimmed ...

Very happy.

Just uploaded a YouTube video showing the speed diffrence before and after BT Infinty. http://youtu.be/VFyst6HRtL8

Another update as Youtube is causing problems
Standard User MGL
(newbie) Sat 19-Nov-11 09:45:19
Print Post

Had Infinity installed yesterday (PCP 82) Very happy!

37Mbps / 8.1Mbps

Edited by MGL (Sat 19-Nov-11 09:47:23)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 20-Nov-11 18:00:21
Print Post

Re: Any news on PCP66?

Service provider will not be aware of ths cab unilt it is live on the system -- i will do some digging and see what i can found out and will report back to forum (Fastman)
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 25-Nov-11 15:44:38
Print Post

How can I find out more information

I'm in Birches Crest, Hatch Warren so think I'm on PCP199 or possiby 188 since that's closer geographically.

BT Wholesale checker isn't showing FTTC available on my number which is a disappointment.

Would like to find out if/when FTTC will become available to me but have no clue how to go about it.

Any (constructive wink) suggestions welcome.
Standard User DougM
(member) Fri 25-Nov-11 16:37:25
Print Post

Re: How can I find out more information

I believe Birches Crest is RG22 4RP, so that would be connected to PCP 199. That cabinet went live for FTTC in September, so I'm surprised to hear that the Wholesale checker doesn't show availability.

It may be worth calling one of the FTTC ISPs and asking them to investigate availability. James from ADSL24 (forum username adsl24) is always very helpful.

-==-
DougM
Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to