General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User curtmantle
(newbie) Sun 04-Sep-11 10:51:01
Print Post

Re: Basingstoke FTTC - more cabinets this summer!

[re: MrGimper] [link to this post]

I'm a bit confused by the whole situation. I've been waiting since the announcement in March on the Basingstoke Broadband Campaign website, but on the 17th that site suggested that the current phase had been completed:

http://www.basingstoke-broadband.co.uk/news.html

But the cabinet I am connected to (PCB79) which is allegedly part of phase 6a hasn't been upgraded (no physical evidence that I can see).

So what phase are we in? If a cabinet hasn't been upgraded by now does that mean we've been left out - again?!
Standard User MrGimper
(newbie) Sun 04-Sep-11 11:46:22
Print Post

[re: curtmantle] [link to this post]

According to the google map of PCPs, 79 is awaiting planning permission. Dunno how old this information is tho....

PCP Locations - Google

BT Infinity for Business
5x Static IP and unlimited traffic
Down = 33.59 Mb/s
Up = 8.32 Mb/s
Ping = 12 ms

BOOM!!
Standard User DougM
(member) Sun 04-Sep-11 12:17:26
Print Post

[re: MrGimper] [link to this post]

Only two cabinets required planning permission, both of which were approved. These were coloured dark blue. Tim coloured all the "new" cabinets light blue. The only two of these requiring permission were in Old Basing because it's a conservation area.

The old cabinets will not change, a new cabinet will be installed within 100 metres and cross-connected underground. The new cabinets are about 1.5m tall and have a power warning label on the side (old cabinets have no power).

I'm only aware of two new cabinets accepting orders (168 and 199), the others appear to be delayed. All I can recommend is to check using the BT Wholesale site every few days. Avoid the BT Infinity checker because it filters lines estimated less than 15Mbps.

-==-
DougM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jarvey
(newbie) Sun 04-Sep-11 22:55:40
Print Post

I'm as confused as you and had high hopes for PCP82 in August.

The waiting would be easier if some information were available from within some part of BT e.g. it will be 3 months, six months etc. Driving past that shiny new cabinet each day does not help when you have 0.3 download speed waiting for you at home!
Standard User curtmantle
(newbie) Mon 05-Sep-11 01:19:33
Print Post

[re: DougM] [link to this post]

Thanks for the replies. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Hopefully all of us will get what we've been waiting so long for!!
Standard User Hyde_TDS
(newbie) Thu 08-Sep-11 21:15:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by curtmantle:
I'm a bit confused by the whole situation. I've been waiting since the announcement in March on the Basingstoke Broadband Campaign website, but on the 17th that site suggested that the current phase had been completed:

http://www.basingstoke-broadband.co.uk/news.html

But the cabinet I am connected to (PCB79) which is allegedly part of phase 6a hasn't been upgraded (no physical evidence that I can see).

So what phase are we in? If a cabinet hasn't been upgraded by now does that mean we've been left out - again?!
The PCP to Postcode spreadsheet linked further up this thread has PCP79 scheduled for phase 6a which is supposed to be completed during Sept 2011. However, other 6a PCP's on Hatch Warren were completed during August. There is no physical evidence that work is about to start on pcp79 either, including my monitoring the Elgar website for applications from BT to the council to conduct minor works. So I'm getting ever more concerned that this PCP won't get done. Does anyone have any direct info from OpenReach?
Standard User curtmantle
(newbie) Fri 09-Sep-11 08:25:53
Print Post

[re: Hyde_TDS] [link to this post]

I really hope you're not right and that it is still scheduled to be updated. It would be galling if the rest of Hatch Warren gets upgraded and one or two PCPs get left out... without any explanation.

If it does get missed out this phase, I suspect we'll be waiting a long time for the upgrade.
Standard User Hyde_TDS
(newbie) Fri 09-Sep-11 16:34:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by Hyde_TDS:
[...including my monitoring the Elgar website for applications from BT to the council to conduct minor works...[/quote]Elgin not Elgar blush
Standard User Toscar
(newbie) Fri 09-Sep-11 19:47:18
Print Post

Has anyone had any luck on P66, or anywhere else in Chineham for a residential connection? It's scheduled in 6a...I check every day now frown
Standard User Jarvey
(newbie) Tue 20-Sep-11 16:57:31
Print Post

[re: Toscar] [link to this post]

There seems to be a consensus of expectation that phase 6a was to be scheduled for September. Is anyone close enough to sources of information to know whether that still stands or has there been slippage?

Pinning my hopes on PCP82.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to