General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 25-Feb-11 17:31:37
Print Post

HASLINGTON EXCHANGE GO LIVE Question

[link to this post]

All,
Haslington is going live at the start of march in a small clump on one side of town mainly around holland st down to mablins lane and out towards bentley motors (FOR PEOPLE WHO KNOW AREA) but closer to to the exchange e.g. hungerford rd and furthur a field near queens park it seems all the other cabs still say 31st March.

my questions are if anyone can help

is there any set pattern or is it just down to the the Way BT lay the firbre for go live in cabs. On this note the fibre must bypass several cabs that are still showing 31st ??

Or is it the engineers living in the area have activated there own cabs first (LOL)

just asking for peoples experiences from other regions where there exchanges have gone live

many thanks

darren
Standard User WWWombat
(learned) Sat 26-Feb-11 19:53:32
Print Post

Re: HASLINGTON EXCHANGE GO LIVE Question

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

There are no obvious patterns.

However dates like 31st March, or 30th June, are really just placeholders that tell the world that BT haven't got a decent clue yet. When a cab is aboout to go live, it will suddenly change to another, definitive, date that is perhaps a week or two in the future (eg to 13th March).

However, placeholders can also shift back to other placeholders 3 or 6 months later - even when surrounding cabinets are in the process of getting real dates.

For example, in November, I was being given a date of 31st December, just like other local cabinets - while the exchange was due to go live in November. In mid-December, other cabinets started getting dates in late-December. However, mine changed to dates of 30th March, 30th June, 30th September and back to 31st December. It is currently set to 30th March but still no sign of a *real* date.
  Print Thread

Jump to