General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 28-Feb-11 09:40:24
Print Post

Installation question about fttc

[link to this post]

Guys just wondering if bt wholesale install the cabs and power first then the fibre cable anyone know as my cab is in and I saw them putting the power in 2 weeks ago only thing I have not seen is the laying of the fibre cable in general around my town I know there are duct system around the town and I know bt started before Xmas just think it's odd I've not seen any cable. Exchange is haslingon

Thanks for any replies in advance
Standard User Spasch
(experienced) Mon 28-Feb-11 10:02:34
Print Post

Re: Installation question about fttc

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I believe that the fibre is pushed through the ducting first, and then the cabinets are installed, connected and powered. At least, that is what I saw in Leamington - OR vans around town pushing ducting and the blowing the fibre down, followed by cabinets being installed.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 28-Feb-11 11:43:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Guys just wondering if bt wholesale install the cabs and power first then the fibre cable anyone know as my cab is in and I saw them putting the power in 2 weeks ago only thing I have not seen is the laying of the fibre cable in general around my town I know there are duct system around the town and I know bt started before Xmas just think it's odd I've not seen any cable. Exchange is haslingon

Thanks for any replies in advance

They put the fibre inf irst, then the power at mine!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ribble
(learned) Mon 28-Feb-11 12:09:10
Print Post

Openreach install the cabinet,then the fibre. Then the power company hook up the mains

Edited by Ribble (Mon 28-Feb-11 12:10:46)

Print Thread

Jump to