General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(regular) Mon 28-Feb-11 18:30:53
Print Post

Aquiss or AAISP?

[link to this post]

So heres the question!

I was hoping to get fibre by March but not sure what the dates on the availability checker are playing at at the moment!
I want a quality service and expect to pay mid thirties even with a lower download limit.
I was sure I wanted to use AAISP because they seem to offer a better attempt at throughput than BT can themselves. I am a gamer first and foremost, and am still unsure as to how contention will affect an FTTC service. If it brings throughput down to the 15Mbps minimum, will the latency change?

I have been reading some of the comments about Aquiss and get the impression that they sing from the same hymn sheet as AAISP. But do either of them actually walk the walk!

I have lived with a 1Mbps at best connection for so long, that it is important to me not to get stuck for 12 months on a contract that is all about headline speed and not quality.
I know there are no guarantees, but I would willingly pay for bandwidth I don't use if it meant a consistently low latency connection with traffic priorityfor time critical traffic such as VOIP and gaming!

All advice welcome!

Neil

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.
Standard User mrnelster
(regular) Mon 28-Feb-11 18:35:57
Print Post

Re: Aquiss or AAISP?

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

And before I get all the regular caveats, I am only 250 odd metres from the new FTTC cabinet so I shouldn't have a speed issue! blush)

Neil

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Edited by mrnelster (Mon 28-Feb-11 18:37:00)

Standard User aquiss
(experienced) Mon 28-Feb-11 19:15:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
I have been reading some of the comments about Aquiss and get the impression that they sing from the same hymn sheet as AAISP. But do either of them actually walk the walk!

I'm very good an making cats and dogs beg for mercy with my sweet voice wink
However, to be fair, i'm poor at dancing wink

Seriously though, thank you for your interest. If you need any specfic information about your line; and naturally for your privacy, do feel free to throw an email into sales@aquiss.net (mark for my attention if easier).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 28-Feb-11 23:48:05
Print Post

I just migrated to IDNet Home Starter Fibre.

Typical tbbBQM graph. The high latency spike is a BT speed test.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre.
  Print Thread

Jump to