General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User AndrewW
(member) Thu 03-Mar-11 16:42:04
Print Post

FTTC Camberley

[link to this post]

Does anyone know status with the Camberley exchange with respect to FTTC. For my phone number the original date was Dec 2010, then March 2011 and now Sept 2011.
However there are FTTC cabs near to me and Sam Knows says for the Camberley exchange ( FTTC) " Available in some areas"

Can anyone in the know provide an update?

Thanks
Andrew
Standard User mrnelster
(regular) Thu 03-Mar-11 16:53:04
Print Post

Re: FTTC Camberley

[re: AndrewW] [link to this post]

The same altered dates as our exchange in Milton Keynes, and numerous others. BT mention in their roll out info that there is a certain amount of breathing space allowed for with go live dates, but this seems like blanket contingency!

Do you know if you are connected to one of cabs installed yet?

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Edited by mrnelster (Thu 03-Mar-11 17:12:49)

Standard User AndrewW
(member) Thu 03-Mar-11 16:59:59
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Yes there are cabs locally to me. Have been since December, and i saw another one being installed a week ago. Although the FTTC cab closest to me is not located near any other cabs.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Fri 04-Mar-11 10:21:40
Print Post

[re: AndrewW] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AndrewW:
However there are FTTC cabs near to me and Sam Knows says for the Camberley exchange ( FTTC) " Available in some areas"

Same problem in Farnborough, two neighbouring roads have cabinets, but mine doesn't. I'm on the same road as the exchange (but about 1.5 km from). Still no FTTC cabinet at my PCP.

It seems BTs rollout is "strange" but maybe its due to other issues such as getting access to installing new power etc. I notice my road has Gas digging it up, perhaps BT couldn't get access this month to install the new kit.

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to