General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User paul1360
(regular) Sat 12-Mar-11 08:50:36
Print Post

What a Joke

[link to this post]

Well the above link says it all as far as I'm concerned and they are frustrated, Well BT how do you think we feel who want Fibre BB. As I've said on this forum before with the lack of information from you and the endless lies about when exchanges are being upgrade to Fibre and then the reason's as to why the date keeps moving are just a joke.

Around by me people are just fed up with not being able to get it and have said sod it we'll keep our current ISP's with low speeds, So please take a look at yourself before you go on about us. I'm not going to list the LIES again as all you have to do is look at my Threads.

Iechyd Da
Standard User aquiss
(experienced) Sat 12-Mar-11 09:50:18
Print Post

Re: What a Joke

[re: paul1360] [link to this post]

I understand your frustrations but likewise I'm also not here to defend BT. However, the commercial reality is not everything can be done all at the same time.

Standard User mrnelster
(member) Sat 12-Mar-11 10:10:45
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

Hi Martin.

Remember my cabinet got moved back to Sept? Well Sam says it is available as of yesterday!
Is he usually reasonably accurate? I'm hoping that BT don't update their site info quite as quickly ad Sam Knows.

I'm sure it's imminent as the engineers at the cab told me it was powered and waiting to go live.

laugh

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User paul1360
(regular) Sat 12-Mar-11 10:42:56
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

Martin,
I understand what you say but it's not commercial reality as far as I'm concerned. It's bad practice & uninformed staff but alas as per normal it's the staff's fault not the boss.
Ok this will sound silly but as the other poster said Samknows and a few other site's state that my exchange will be ready from Yesterday, even the roll-out map states my exchange is FTTC live but Infinity Sales say no it's not. It just gets to people that are not told the truth or given an answer that means anything.

Iechyd Da
Standard User jdowning640
(member) Sat 12-Mar-11 11:44:21
Print Post

Maybe your cabinet is live but you it's estimating that you can't get speeds over 15Mbps.

Have you tried the BT Wholesale Checker? It's http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If it says that you can get it there and the speeds are below 15Mbps then you won't get it from BT Infinity as of yet. Perhaps try another ISP like Aquiss or ADSL24? They take manual orders for FTTC and have been successful in doing this many times apparently.

Their prices may not be as good as BT Retail but you'd definitely get better customer service and support as you aren't ringing India constantly.
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Mar-11 11:51:48
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

On Samknows I get 'FTTC should be available in your area from 11/03/11' however the BT wholesale checker still says the 31st. When I checked last weekend the cab was still silent frown

Come on BT get your finger out! mad

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be*
Far too many computers, 1 Wife, 3 Maine Coons and too many horses smile
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 12-Mar-11 12:05:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by paul1360:
Well the above link says it all as far as I'm concerned and they are frustrated, Well BT how do you think we feel who want Fibre BB. As I've said on this forum before with the lack of information from you and the endless lies about when exchanges are being upgrade to Fibre and then the reason's as to why the date keeps moving are just a joke.

Around by me people are just fed up with not being able to get it and have said sod it we'll keep our current ISP's with low speeds, So please take a look at yourself before you go on about us. I'm not going to list the LIES again as all you have to do is look at my Threads.

Iechyd Da

at least you have a date wink
Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(learned) Sat 12-Mar-11 12:08:08
Print Post

[re: TheHorseman] [link to this post]

If its like my last home they concentrated on VM enabled areas only then complain of low take up. They could have paid me to give them that answer!

My views are my experiences.
Standard User paul1360
(regular) Sat 12-Mar-11 12:37:23
Print Post

[re: jdowning640] [link to this post]

Tells me speeds of 35.4Mbps down and 9.6Mbps up. So tis more than 15Mbps. and it says 31/03/2011 which is a change but it's still hard to get Sales to understand, which is why I feel mad about BT saying that they are frustrated by the low take up in Wales.

Iechyd Da
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Mar-11 16:59:04
Print Post

[re: NilSatisOptimum] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by NilSatisOptimum:
If its like my last home they concentrated on VM enabled areas only then complain of low take up. They could have paid me to give them that answer!

No VM at all here and some areas of the town are live for FTTC.

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be*
Far too many computers, 1 Wife, 3 Maine Coons and too many horses smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to