General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 14-Mar-11 11:14:00
Print Post

Worcester Exchange

[link to this post]

So annoyed with BT. My cabinet was originally scheduled for the 30th September, then got put back to the 31st December, then the 31st March. Last week the date changed to the 23rd March, i thought BRILLIANT, surely they would only bring it forward if it was going to be definetly put in... checked this morning, 30th June.

So so angry!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 14-Mar-11 11:50:43
Print Post

Re: Worcester Exchange

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I'm feeling your pain. We're on the end of a long line to the Bromsgrove exchange, our shiny new cabinets were installed nearly 4 months ago, and it seems not a lot else has happened since. Original date was 31st Dec, then 31st March, now 30th June, soooooooo frustrating!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 14-Mar-11 11:56:48
Print Post

I wouldn't say we're on a long line though, i'd say we're a mile, mile and a half from the city exchange. And for the last few weeks i keep noticing people doing stuff to the cabinet's around the city. As you say, it's so frustrating. And with living in Worcester, VM have never come closer than Kiddy to here!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User stevepressman
(learned) Mon 14-Mar-11 12:58:13
Print Post

As far as I am aware ST Johns went live on March 3rd and the rest of Worcester was supposed to be live on the 21st March. Droitwich is now live as is of all places Fernhill Heath didn't see that one coming, No offence to people in Fernhill Heath. I get my FTTC installed on 21st March here in Droitwich.

Steve
Standard User Scoot
(regular) Mon 14-Mar-11 20:11:54
Print Post

Its [censored] me off no end, exactly the same situation for myself. If BT had set June 2011 it wouldn't have bothered me, but to keep swapping it every quarter and changing it at the last hour is unacceptable.

BT's communication with customers and false hope is pushing me to switch supplier, it may not mean anything to BT Broadband as BT Wholesale who implement the hardware is a different part of the company but it will make me feel better that they aren't getting my money, not directly anyway.
Standard User ScaryMonkey
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Mar-11 22:52:45
Print Post

Evesham was odd in initially being 31st March then changing to 31st December last year. Just before Xmas it changed to 31st March again and today it has also gone to 30th June. Most of the town in now cabled but the mass influx of BTO vans has vanished despite not all the scheduled cabinets being installed (mine is scheduled according to the checker but nothing has happened so far).
I think BT need to concentrate on fewer locations at once and get them online before hopping around to the next as they seem to be doing.

Vince
Standard User WWWombat
(regular) Tue 15-Mar-11 09:42:48
Print Post

[re: ScaryMonkey] [link to this post]

Part of me agrees that BT need to concentrate better on an area - it certainly isn't nice when the vans leave, but you are still not enabled.

And I also understand that not everything is within their power - and some cabinets get delayed through planning, or through 3rd party suppliers. In my case, the power company seems to be the culprit of a 6 month delay.

But I think BT are making a rod for their own back with the way they are setting expectations with the dates, and then failing to live up to them. As a customer, it is easy to build expectation as that "end-of-quarter" date gets down to only a few days, and to be rather disappointed when it suddenly jumps to 90 days later.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 15-Mar-11 15:38:46
Print Post

This has now been changed back to the 23rd March.
Standard User Trojan_Hussar
(regular) Tue 15-Mar-11 16:15:42
Print Post

[re: ScaryMonkey] [link to this post]

Yeah, a little annoying having watched them fit out a cabinet in Fairfield Road (450m from where I live) only to find the dates moving again. On the SamKnows page it now says 'available in some areas' for FTTC, but the BT pages are saying 'pre register for June 30th'.

I'm in the process of weighing my options, Evesham gets unbundled by Cable & Wireless at the end of May (hopefully) which would mean I can go onto an entirely unmetered ADSL2+ service for £17.99/month which is less than I'm paying now. It would mean more to me to be getting the 12Mbps I get now and not have to keep an eye on peak usage, than to get a potentially 32Mbps service where I'd be constantly in jeopardy of using up my monthly cap.

I may well come back to FTTC when someone offers a more generous cap.

Regards,
TH.

Entanet Family 30 ADSL2+
DL Sync: 17536 UL Sync: 848
Line Profile 15000
C&W LLU @ WMEV RFC 31st May 2011 *FINALLY*
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 15-Mar-11 18:42:34
Print Post

[re: Trojan_Hussar] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Trojan_Hussar:
Yeah, a little annoying having watched them fit out a cabinet in Fairfield Road (450m from where I live) only to find the dates moving again. On the SamKnows page it now says 'available in some areas' for FTTC, but the BT pages are saying 'pre register for June 30th'.

I'm in the process of weighing my options, Evesham gets unbundled by Cable & Wireless at the end of May (hopefully) which would mean I can go onto an entirely unmetered ADSL2+ service for £17.99/month which is less than I'm paying now. It would mean more to me to be getting the 12Mbps I get now and not have to keep an eye on peak usage, than to get a potentially 32Mbps service where I'd be constantly in jeopardy of using up my monthly cap.

I may well come back to FTTC when someone offers a more generous cap.

Regards,
TH.
That June 30 looks a bit like an Infinity rollout as opposed to FTTC availability. What do checkers on IDNet, ADSL24 and Aquiss say?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to