General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User CHELSEACFC
(newbie) Mon 14-Mar-11 11:34:23
Print Post

Dates changed yet again!

[link to this post]

BT are a complete bunch of muppets as far as I am concerned. My original date for my cab was 31st Sept 2010, then Dec 31st, then 30th March and now shoved way back to June 30th! My exhange which is Putney, has been Live since Dec 10. 9 months behind just put that date in the first place rather than changing every 5 mins!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 14-Mar-11 13:18:00
Print Post

Re: Dates changed yet again!

[re: CHELSEACFC] [link to this post]

Feel you pain mate. Mine was 31st March and now it's 30th June....

Only joined BT 5 weeks ago as I was told I would be on Total BB then upgrade to FTTC end of March...not impressed especially as I;ve had to buy a router to replace the HH" as I've had 2 now which are rotten...Could have coped for another couple of weeks, but not months...
Standard User Dash
(learned) Mon 14-Mar-11 14:05:43
Print Post

BT are cretins. I'm in exactly the same boat same dates, same changes. Apparently my exchange is enabled, they just haven't gotten round to doing my cabinet (despite the Openreach vans leaving the area in the autumn).

If they had said last summer it wouldn't be available for a year I'd take that at face value and not care. But the fact that they keep saying it'll be available and then delaying another quarter is immensely frustrating.

I think anybody in this situation needs to adopt the view that BT has no intention of ever enabling your cabinet. If they ever decide to you'll get a concrete date in the checker and an e-mail notification (assuming you've signed up for one).

I bet you most of us with this problem will see 30th September 2011 on the checker before we see FTTC.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User paul1360
(regular) Mon 14-Mar-11 15:38:10
Print Post

Snap same here
Standard User pokchop1st
(newbie) Mon 14-Mar-11 16:47:40
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Yes Mine has changed to 30June as well. Got My new router all ready,hope that some of the larger ISp's get on the bandwagon before then.
Standard User orly
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-Mar-11 17:04:02
Print Post

---
BT Infinity 8th July 2010
Connected to: P23 Kilmaine Road, Bangor, BT19 6DT (NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
25.5mbit down / 7.6mbit up

Previously:
BT Broadband, roughly 4mbit sync
4KM line / 54dB atten / 9dB SNR / Netgear DG834GT
Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-Mar-11 20:22:18
Print Post

[re: pokchop1st] [link to this post]

Same here, the exchange is live, my dates have been shifted 4 times to the 30th of June, even though my cab is installed and humming away.

o2 LLU
ROUTER:-DGN2000
Sync 17848D 1412U Annex A
Att:-35.0dB Down 17.4dB Up
SNR:-1.5dB Down 3.1dB Up
Standard User WWWombat
(regular) Tue 15-Mar-11 09:31:24
Print Post

[re: Dash] [link to this post]

Another "me too" post here...

My cabinet was originally installed last autumn, like many others in the area - with the exchange originally slated for September 2010. The power was due to be done in October.

The exchange went live in December, with people able to order from surrounding cabinets, but not ours. Instead, our dates changed about 6 times (in the space of 10 days in mid-December) amongst December, March, June, and September. It finally settled to March 30th, and has sat there for the last 3 months.

Then, in early February, the cabinet got visited by the power company again, with full roadworks going across the road. Whoopee, I thought, but there was no change to the date...

Now the roadworks are back again (they're again for the power company), and the date has changed to June 30th.

I can only agree that I truly wouldn't care if BT originally published a date and then stuck to it. But the current system is just a joke.

And it provokes a word of warning - if BT can't get power sorted to a cabinet within 6 months, and can't get it live more than 3 moths after all the others - what standard of availability & support can we expect in the event of a failure? Is the country going to start depending on unsupportable equipment?
Standard User peaks
(newbie) Tue 15-Mar-11 09:45:52
Print Post

Same here...

Though SamKnows shows it as all up and running... which I am inclined to have more faith in, since they showed 1/3/11 - then 11/3/11 which changed to Available last night.

Meanwhile BT is now 30th June as per the rest of you....

Just not sure whats going on anymore.
Standard User WWWombat
(regular) Tue 15-Mar-11 10:10:51
Print Post

[re: peaks] [link to this post]

Does SamKnows know about individual cabinets? I thought all their data was at an exchange level.

It is certainly harder to get more localised information after the exchange goes live, with the initial batch of cabinets, if you are not in that initial batch. You are pretty much reliant on BT Wholesale's checker, checking on individual phone numbers.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to