General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 28-Mar-11 15:52:13
Print Post

bt option 3 with fibre

[link to this post]

hi all just wandering if anyone has heard of any dates being mentioned for bt to allow <15mb estimates on their isp, someone on here stated that he had a letter from bt saying that in april bt total broadband will have an option 3 with fibre available, but does that mean april 1st or april 31st, any help would be much appreciated.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 28-Mar-11 15:56:47
Print Post

Re: bt option 3 with fibre

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Can't answer your actual question, but you do know that other providers already accept under 15Mbps estimates?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 28-Mar-11 16:10:29
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

yes i do realise that, but not at the price point of bt's offering, i am an extremely heavy user and cannot and will not justify the extorsionate prices other isp's are charging for for lets say 300 gb, which is an amount i can currently hit on a 5.5 mb line per month, so that will only increase with fibre and all the hd content that is available these days, throttling dosent bother me one bit, if your clever you can get around throttling.

lets use aquiss as an example as they have mentioned on here to me many times that they can supply me with fibre, their biggest package is 120 gb which is not enough usage and twice the price of bt, and only 2mb upload, it really isnt enough unfortunately although i have heard good things about them, i am in no way slagging them off, its just not suitable for me.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(member) Mon 28-Mar-11 19:03:48
Print Post

......throttling dosent bother me one bit, if your clever you can get around throttling.

Clever enough to work it out for yourself? Or perhaps just get somebody clever to tell you how to do it? And he probably learnt it from from someone cleverer than he?

Then I suppose you would need to be clever because most of it is probably illegal. wink

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.
Standard User aquiss
(experienced) Mon 28-Mar-11 19:43:19
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
lets use aquiss as an example as they have mentioned on here to me many times that they can supply me with fibre, their biggest package is 120 gb

Correct if your just using our peak as your only reference point. Please note our off-peak (overnights and all-day weekends) have no defined limit placed upon them.

Standard User broadbandjockey
(member) Mon 28-Mar-11 20:48:15
Print Post

hi all just wandering if anyone has heard of any dates being mentioned for bt to allow <15mb estimates on their isp, someone on here stated that he had a letter from bt saying that in april bt total broadband will have an option 3 with fibre available, but does that mean april 1st or april 31st, any help would be much appreciated.

It's fairly certain not to be April 31st ! smile
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 28-Mar-11 22:56:33
Print Post

[re: broadbandjockey] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadbandjockey:

It's fairly certain not to be April 31st ! smile
I wouldn't trust April 1 either tongue.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 29-Mar-11 08:37:56
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
......throttling dosent bother me one bit, if your clever you can get around throttling.

Clever enough to work it out for yourself? Or perhaps just get somebody clever to tell you how to do it? And he probably learnt it from from someone cleverer than he?

Then I suppose you would need to be clever because most of it is probably illegal. wink

thanks m8 you dont even know me and you are calling me thick.

thanks for the replys anyway guy's just thought id ask.
Standard User paul1360
(member) Tue 29-Mar-11 09:14:44
Print Post

Found this about BT under 15Mb:-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=...

iechyd da
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 29-Mar-11 09:54:12
Print Post

thanks m8 you dont even know me and you are calling me thick.

thanks for the replys anyway guy's just thought id ask.

It's not necessary to know someone to be able to form a judgement about their intellect or lack of it. You can guage it quite well from what htye write.

Spect m8 innit
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to