General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User broadbandjockey
(member) Tue 29-Mar-11 19:21:31
Print Post

Plusnet FTTC

[link to this post]

Well, I might be asking IDNet for a MAC when my 12 months FTTC contract is up with them !

https://www.plus.net/fibre/?P36=106312
Standard User mrnelster
(member) Tue 29-Mar-11 19:34:31
Print Post

Re: Plusnet FTTC

[re: broadbandjockey] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadbandjockey:
Well, I might be asking IDNet for a MAC when my 12 months FTTC contract is up with them !

But in such a rapidly developing market, would you really want an 18 month contract?

I think I will be aiming for a 12 month set up. smile

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.
Standard User bubieyehyeh
(member) Tue 29-Mar-11 19:46:24
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I would want a 1 month contract but see no signs of them.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 29-Mar-11 23:42:26
Print Post

[re: broadbandjockey] [link to this post]

You fancy Plusnet traffic management then? (Before anyone asks, I don't know the details of it, but the FAQs say it will be there).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.
Standard User bubieyehyeh
(member) Wed 30-Mar-11 21:43:54
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Having experienced plusnet traffic management before,I wouldn't want to try plusnet again without the option of a 1 month contract. It can be nasty but particularly stupid when it assumes something on a non-standard port is peer-to-peer.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 30-Mar-11 22:13:15
Print Post

[re: bubieyehyeh] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bubieyehyeh:
Having experienced plusnet traffic management before,I wouldn't want to try plusnet again without the option of a 1 month contract. It can be nasty but particularly stupid when it assumes something on a non-standard port is peer-to-peer.
For a long time all Plusnet(ADSLx) packages have been monthly contract on 10 days notice. The 12-month contract is worded deceptively, but in reality all it means is that people wishing to leave early merely have to pay the setup charge; for the router if taken; or house move charges if they have moved for free within 12 months.

On the Fibre option I expect there will be a genuine 12-month minimum as that is what Plusnet have to contract for with Openreach.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.
  Print Thread

Jump to