General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User djnucastle
(newbie) Thu 31-Mar-11 08:16:31
Print Post

So, it's the 31st March .... (Ascot exhange)

[link to this post]

.... And i still can't order Infinity despite today being our cabinet's activation date.

Highly frustrating, since it was already put back 3 months.

Anyone able to register today with their cabinet on the '31st March' activation date??
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Thu 31-Mar-11 08:24:30
Print Post

Re: So, it's the 31st March .... (Ascot exhange)

[re: djnucastle] [link to this post]

Yes, according to the BT Wholesale checker I can now get FTTC. The date moved to 30 June and then recently moved back to 31 March. Finally smile

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be*
Far too many computers, 1 Wife, 3 Maine Coons and too many horses smile
Standard User kasg
(committed) Thu 31-Mar-11 09:59:44
Print Post

[re: TheHorseman] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TheHorseman:
Yes, according to the BT Wholesale checker I can now get FTTC. The date moved to 30 June and then recently moved back to 31 March. Finally smile
Exactly the same happened to me. Now it's the 31st it says I can get it. I don't actually believe it. And I still have no idea where this illustrious cabinet actually is!

Kevin

Plusnet Extra
Using OpenDNS

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 31-Mar-11 10:04:50
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

It's normally suggested that the "end of the quarter" dates are placeholders rather than real dates. Often they seem to be replaced shortly before you can order. Also there was another thread somewhere that reported availability disappraring from the checkers for a few days before re-appearing (might have been RobertoS who posted that).
Standard User Yerman164
(learned) Thu 31-Mar-11 10:45:42
Print Post

I was able to order today. My date had been 31st March for months and then recently changed to June 30th, and then back to 31st March a few days ago. I think it's just a coincidence that my cab happened to be ready today, it was just a place-holder date.
Standard User djnucastle
(newbie) Thu 31-Mar-11 10:52:39
Print Post

[re: Yerman164] [link to this post]

So you think its worth ringing up or applying somewhere? Whereabouts did you make your order?

As far as i've tried, the BT infinity main site says i can't get it yet, and the availability checkers on a few other isp's all seem to say the same - presumably using the same feed.
Standard User kasg
(committed) Thu 31-Mar-11 12:01:55
Print Post

[re: Yerman164] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Yerman164:
I was able to order today. My date had been 31st March for months and then recently changed to June 30th, and then back to 31st March a few days ago. I think it's just a coincidence that my cab happened to be ready today, it was just a place-holder date.
Every site I've checked today says I can now order, but I'd be amazed if its true and not surprised if it all changes again in a few days time, with a new date of 30th June or later.

Kevin

Plusnet Extra
Using OpenDNS
Standard User Squirrel
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 31-Mar-11 12:07:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by kasg:
In reply to a post by Yerman164:
Every site I've checked today says I can now order, but I'd be amazed if its true and not surprised if it all changes again in a few days time, with a new date of 30th June or later.

My experience was exactly as the checker said - once the BT checker said I could order, I could order. My date changed at one point to 3rd Feb 2011. As I was online at midnight (:)) between the 2nd and the 3rd I checked again and the date had changed to "Now" so I went ahead and ordered there and then.

Installed 2 weeks later.

Standard User Yerman164
(learned) Thu 31-Mar-11 12:46:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by djnucastle:
So you think its worth ringing up or applying somewhere? Whereabouts did you make your order?

As far as i've tried, the BT infinity main site says i can't get it yet, and the availability checkers on a few other isp's all seem to say the same - presumably using the same feed.

What does the BT Infinity checker tell you, does it have a new date or does it say you can't get it? If it says you can't get it, try this checker, it may be that your estimated speed is under 15meg.

In reply to a post by kasg:

If BT Infinity has changed the availability to 'Now' then you can order it. Mine changed just after midnight and my order has gone through fine.
Standard User WWWombat
(regular) Thu 31-Mar-11 13:58:14
Print Post

Obviously for any cabinets to go live, the main exchange must be live - even if it feeds through to a remote exchange.

Openreach keep tabs on the exchange status in A PDF Here. It seems to be updated monthly, last update mid-March, and shows Ascot due June 2011, so it looks likely that you can't really get fibre yet.

That document does seem to give a good accurate status of each exchange - it's probably easier to keep the status updated once per exchange than it is for their full subscriber database! It will probably change status to "Accepting CP orders now" at the same time as the first cabinets go live, or slightly earlier.

I'm on the Brookwood exchange, which changed status in that Document in November. The first indications that any cabinet went live was in December, and the most recent cabinet was last week.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to