General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 02-Apr-11 11:14:23
Print Post

FTTC in Cornwall can't order but ment to be live

[link to this post]

Hi

I've been trying to order fibre BB but despite living in Par (which according to BT and all the local media went live on the 31st March) I can't seem to get it, I've tried ordering from BT and plusnet, my dad (who lives in Par also) has tried talktalk and no luck there either, in fact he rang them and they have no idea what he was talking about!!!

I have friends who live in St Agnes and St Day who also are having no luck, one of them rang superfast cornwall and you just get a load of rubbish off the people on the phones.
The only place that says that it's active now is samknows.
Here is the press release saying that it would be avaible by 31st March:
http://www.cornwalldevelopmentcompany.co.uk/doing-bu...

It's really annoying as there talking like it's all on time which it clearly isn't, theres a lot of annoyed people down here.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 02-Apr-11 11:36:51
Print Post

Re: FTTC in Cornwall can't order but ment to be live

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

"And within a few days (by Thursday March 31) super-fast broadband is also expected to have 'gone live' in St Agnes, St Day, Portreath, Devoran, Leedstown, Stenalees and Par offering the high-speed service to another 14,000 customers."

Not their careful choice of words, expected does not equal has gone live.

Does https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html offer the option of FTTC if not then not available yet, or maybe your cabinet has not yet been done.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 02-Apr-11 14:31:44
Print Post

Hi,

Not everywhere on the exchanges have been enabled. There are certain places that it has been enabled. But alot of cabinets have been delayed.
I was getting 31st March, but now the checker is giving me 'Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th June 2011.'

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 02-Apr-11 14:50:53
Print Post

Out of interest where did you check that to, would just like to have a look at my area as everything just says not available

Thanks
Standard User WWWombat
(regular) Sat 02-Apr-11 15:03:39
Print Post

Try these two:

BT Wholesale reports at: http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome, which is data for any ISP that supplies fibre services.

The BT Retail ISP reports their findings here: Infinity, which can differ a little. BT Infinity can refuse to supply you at all if the wholesale predictor is lower than 15Mbps.

Other ISPs have their own checkers too, but they usually depend on BT Wholesale's data. I don't think Cornwall is any different in this respect (I think it only differs in who is paying for the roll-out).
  Print Thread

Jump to