General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MadPom
(regular) Fri 15-Apr-11 08:18:41
Print Post

Re: Looks like the FTTC checker has been updated

[re: nelix01] [link to this post]

I just checked the BT Wholesale line checker and mine has updated too. It has gone from 1st July to 20th April! Have just contacted O2 for my MAC so now to pick an ISP. Pretty sure I'm going with Aquiss - thought they had started charging a setup fee but it appears not. Still no date for BT dropping the FUP?

Edited by MadPom (Fri 15-Apr-11 08:45:31)

Standard User Embraer
(regular) Sat 16-Apr-11 01:14:30
Print Post

[re: Embraer] [link to this post]

And now I feel like the butt of some huge great cosmic joke. Every cabinet that is going to be installed has been, according to a friendly Openreach engineer I cornered in the local exchange's car park, and guess what the installations stop one cab down the road from the one servicing my estate. Now come on, how on earth do these people decide which cabs to install to, the ones close to the centre of town with good ADSL2 speeds and Virgin Media fibre, or the large middle class estates on the edge of town with NO fibre and ADSL speeds which barely top 1mb.

Got hold of BT's CEO's email address as well as one for executive level support and blasted off a "polite" email in their direction. PO'd doesn't come close to how I feel about this

If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more understanding bank managers!

3 Macs, 1 Netgear 834GT with DGTeam firmware, 1 Apple Timecapsule. Bye Bye AOHell, Hello O2, Bye Bye O2 once FTTC arrives on my exchange
Standard User Embraer
(regular) Wed 20-Apr-11 10:12:50
Print Post

Well if it helps anybody I have a really good contact in Ian Livingston's Executive Level Complaints Dept. Turns out my cab will be upgraded, all it took was an internal email between departments and knowing who to email in the first place. I won't post the contact's email address on the boards but if anybody wants to know please PM me

If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more understanding bank managers!

3 Macs, 1 Netgear 834GT with DGTeam firmware, 1 Apple Timecapsule. Bye Bye AOHell, Hello O2, Bye Bye O2 once FTTC arrives on my exchange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tim27wf
(newbie) Tue 26-Apr-11 21:26:18
Print Post

I would definately,hoping my cabinet is likely to be included. Having been stuck on 500k -1mb service for several years on one of the outlying estates.
Hopefully Fossdale Moss is to be included!!
Thanks
Standard User NuttyMucker
(regular) Wed 27-Apr-11 11:08:01
Print Post

[re: olisun] [link to this post]

31/08/10
30/11/10
31/01/11
12/02/11
31/03/11
30/04/11

The cab is now in situ as originally they put a smaller cab in by mistake. This has been changed and just waiting for this one to be powered up. Only 8 months behind but better late than never!

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 27-Apr-11 22:47:04
Print Post

[re: NuttyMucker] [link to this post]

Thats not the attitude to take ! better never late!
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to