General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Mayuki
(newbie) Wed 20-Apr-11 21:13:44
Print Post

FTTC humming, but RFS still 2 months away?

[link to this post]

Hi

Ive got a 1mb connection due to line length so when I heard my cab was being upgraded on 31st sept 10 I was chuffed, needless to say.

The RFS moved about 5 times in total but settled at 30sept11.

The work started on the cab end of feb, its taken a while but ive seen trenches dug to lamppost old cab etc and I spoke to a bt engineer 4 weeks ago when I saw him working on it and he said its up and ready, HUZZAH! but he said to order quick as this new cab only holds 100 odd connections and the "old" cab its connected to holds 480 or somthing.

The checker moved to 30th of june a few days after I spoke to the bloke, but concerned I contacted the ISP I was due to go with (aquiss) and explained the situation and said I can hear it humming, and I know from when my line was "installed" that the cab 100m away from my house is the one that serves my property.

Aquiss said they would talk to bt and it would take 3-7 days to find out, 8 days later and nothing from aquiss, I email and ask for an update and im told - and I quote "Currently BT have no plans to enable your cabinet"

Saywhat? It seems a scripted generic reply - there loss- but Im wonder what the next step, sure I can ask another ISP but if that thats two weeks.... then next isp....

If you made it this far in to my tale, feel free to advise me.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Mayuki (Wed 20-Apr-11 21:16:32)

Standard User MadPom
(regular) Wed 20-Apr-11 22:00:02
Print Post

Re: FTTC humming, but RFS still 2 months away?

[re: Mayuki] [link to this post]

My exchange (Chorley) was announced as 31st March but on the BT line checker it never gave any date until the 1st April, when it started "1st july". My cabinet was finished a few days after and about a week ago the date changed to "20th April". Sure enough today it went live for ordering. Many other people have reported random jumps on the BT checker, in both directions so don't get disheartened. If they've fitted the cabinet, and you're sure that's the one your line is connected to, then I cannot believe they wouldn't activate it. Would be a significant waste of money to them.
Standard User Mayuki
(newbie) Wed 20-Apr-11 22:11:16
Print Post

[re: MadPom] [link to this post]

Madpom: I hope thats the case with myself, but the more I know the more I doubt it.

However the email I just got from Aquiss isnt looking good.

"The data we getting from BT is that your cabinet maybe accepting order from July 1st, however our contact at BT is saying that currently your Cabinet is in Jeapardy, with no ETA for full commission."

Lordy lord.

I mean In understand the logistical problems of high speeds in remote areas, thats why I moved to the centre (almost) of this "town/city".

3 min walk up the road a friend gets FTTH with BT, 3 mins other direction sister gets FTTC, however im to remain at 1mb unless I pay for leased?

What a sad situation....

My only option is to buy a huge real of protected cat6 and run it down the public grass verge from mine to my sisters, dig tiny trench at night etc.

Highly immoral and I dare say illegal but no LOS for wifi, and i refuse to be left in this blackspot.

However if anyone can PM me someone email with some common scene at bt id highly appreciate it, as I would any other suggestions.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ribble
(regular) Wed 20-Apr-11 22:59:36
Print Post

I believe many of the delays are due to the installation of the main `spine' cables which connect multiple cabinets back to the exchange. The main delays being with the local authourities processing the street works applications which give permission for utilities to close roads, put up roadwords and carry out civils works on streets and footpaths. I would therefore guess that until they get these notices processed the dates will keep getting pushed back.
Whilst I'm sure its frustarting for you not knowing when, at least it seems you will be able to order it at some point.
Standard User orly
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 20-Apr-11 23:18:52
Print Post

Did you check with your phone number or postcode?

What is the exact text on the checker when you use your phone number?

---
BT Infinity 8th July 2010
(NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
25.5mbit down / 7.6mbit up

Click here to see Comparison of FTTC ISPs
Which FTTC ISP do you use?
Standard User Mayuki
(newbie) Thu 21-Apr-11 10:03:08
Print Post

[re: orly] [link to this post]

Orly: This is what I get.

Number:Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th June 2011. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 29.9Mbps and upstream line speed of 7Mbps.

Address:Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed between 29.9 to 36.6 Mbps and upstream line speed between 7 to 9.8 Mbps.

Aquiss say BT have no ETA and cab in jerperdy.

And a bt enginier working on the cab says its up and running, and the humming of fans make me beleve this.

I just dont know what to do next, bt dont know there a$$ from there elbow.

Ive not a problem with waiting, I just want to know whats going on..........
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 21-Apr-11 13:23:49
Print Post

JUST BECAUSE YOUR CAB IS HUMMING DONT MEAN ITS READY MINE TOOK A WEEK LOL. BUT READING YOUR POST SOUNDS LIKE THE MAIN CABLE IS THE ISSUE
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 21-Apr-11 14:25:18
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Please don't use upper case throughout your posts- it's considered as shouting and bad manners.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com _______________Planes and Cars and ..._______________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 21-Apr-11 16:41:01
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

SORRY lol
Standard User Zadeks
(member) Thu 21-Apr-11 17:19:31
Print Post

30th June...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to