General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Saltank
(member) Wed 27-Apr-11 13:51:00
Print Post

Five days BT Infinity installation

[link to this post]

So I place an order for BT Infinity Business and they could immediately tell me an engineer would be available in 5 days (6th May). This is fantastic, but it is totally on contradiction to everything else that has happened and that BT has done:

1) about a month ago, I noticed a new FTTC cabinet, and I ran all the checks and it said it's not yet available, so, I call them up to upgrade to ADSL2+ and they set an activation date for a week later. On activation day, I swap old modem for new one and it doesn't work. Turns out they activated a new broadband connection on the wrong line, instead of upgrading the existing one!
2) I get mad at them and they tell me there's nothing they can do, so they will cancel the order for the NEW connection, and after some interesting conversations, the sales rep tells me there's FTTC available on the line and he advises me to not cancel by BT dsl so that we could get "up to 30 meg" as he put it. I asked him WHEN and he simply said in ten days, an engineer would visit and finish the install.
3) ten days later nothing happens, so today I call them and they say that none of the two(!) broadband lines have had any orders placed on them. So I ask them why didn't they cancel the other one when it was their mistake, and they can't tell me. I asked them why wasn't the real line upgraded to ADSL2+ or FTTC and they don't know.
4) So when I finally say "ok just give me fttc for the current broadband connection" they promptly and without hesitation get everything ordered and arranged.

Eager to take our money, clueless on how to manage it!

Edited by Saltank (Wed 27-Apr-11 13:51:14)

Standard User D_an_W
(committed) Wed 27-Apr-11 14:27:01
Print Post

Re: Five days BT Infinity installation

[re: Saltank] [link to this post]

Glad things might be sorted, this is one reason I chose not to go with BT...

Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-Apr-11 19:16:01
Print Post

[re: D_an_W] [link to this post]

And you have shown a speed test...

I think anyone with a 40mb sync would see the same speed test on a BT infinity product.

o2 LLU
ROUTER:-DGN2000
Sync 17848D 1412U Annex A
Att:-35.0dB Down 17.4dB Up
SNR:-1.5dB Down 3.1dB Up

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zadeks
(member) Wed 27-Apr-11 19:37:30
Print Post

Bad example. tongue
Standard User D_an_W
(committed) Thu 28-Apr-11 11:10:00
Print Post

[re: lockyatlrg] [link to this post]

The reason I wouldn't (Didn't) choose BT wasn't my speed test, I am perfectly aware someone on BT Infinity would have the same speeds as me. I was simply agreeing with the OP!

Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Apr-11 11:25:05
Print Post

Getting BT Infinity does seem to be a bit of a lottery as regards things going ok. It was for this reason that I was concerned when I ordered Infinity, however in my case all went as it should. At the price point of Infinity it really is worth it especially as option 2 now has no FUP limit.

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity
Far too many computers, 1 Wife, 3 Maine Coons and too many horses smile
Standard User Saltank
(member) Fri 29-Apr-11 00:38:58
Print Post

[re: TheHorseman] [link to this post]

This particular BT Infinity install will be on behalf of colleagues - our own new line will be installed...on the same day! After which I'll be placing an FTTC order from another company.
I really am guessing it might be abit of a lottery as the premises are REALLY old and, the current modem WILL have to be placed on an extension and not the master, because the master is in a really poor place.

The VM 50Mbit speed test is my home broadband.

(member) Fri 29-Apr-11 08:25:22
Print Post

The modem will go at the master and the router can be relocated elsewhere. The two are separate.
Standard User Saltank
(member) Thu 05-May-11 21:54:48
Print Post

Cancelled. *RAGE!*

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

An update.

Today someone called when I wasn't in (and they chose NOT to call the designated contact number, my cellphone... lousy [censored]) and said that they have cancelled the BT Infinity installation.

Later on when I called, the clueless lady, reading from a script or something, just told me that 'due to a systems failure the engineer can not install the service tomorrow'. Upon further clarification I got a moot confirmation that it's THEIR scheduling system, or something, and not the actual technical aspects of BT Infinity. They promised someone was due to call back this evening to confirm another date, but alas nobody has.

I am glad, from this experience, that I will not be ordering anything from BT ever again. Tomorrow we have an XLN line being installed by an Openreach engineer, and then I'll be placing an order for FTTC from another provider.

Words can not describe how much disrespect is owed to BT and their total lack of competency. I understand they're under a lot of stress and all, but I do not care, I don't think anybody should care, not after they have lead me by a string for over a month now.

(Unregistered)Thu 05-May-11 22:48:17
Print Post

Re: Cancelled. *RAGE!*

recommend aquiss you will get excellent service
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to