General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 06-May-11 22:40:59
Print Post

BT Infinity on an o2 Landline

[link to this post]

Hello

Im currently on the old O2 LLU legacy package for BB and home phone. My line is pretty good i think and can hold a good connection at 13.5 meg sync on 3db noise margin - old o2 package with no usage restrictions.

Whilst the current connection is serving me very well and the home phone package is really good value (unlimited calls anytime pack), I would like a better connection if possible. Really dont like virgin media at all as they traffic shape and have had bad service from them before. BT infinity is a possible solution but does anyone know if i can keep the o2 landline side of things and add BT infinity to it??? I dont want to loose the O2 landline package if I move to infinity - can this be done???
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 06-May-11 22:51:48
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity on an o2 Landline

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

You can't have any other ISP on O2 landline. O2 Home Phone is offered only as an add-on to O2 BB; never as a stand-alone.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 06-May-11 23:08:19
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity on an o2 Landline

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

No. XRaySpex is correct.

If you migrate out then I believe you get a short period to move the landline away as well. I suggest you look into the Post Office landline service to see how its costs compare. It's only a monthly contract as well.

You would be able to have Infinity on that. That's assuming your line qualifies for Infinity, which is not guaranteed by the current speed.

You need to check what is reported for your number by this checker if you haven't already done so. Or the Infinity checker is nearly as reliable if you have already checked there.

If my first link shows an FTTC estimate below 15Mbps then you will get a Not available from the Infinity checker and you will not be able to order Infinity from BT, though you can order FTTC from several other providers. From BT you could have "Broadband Option 3 with Fibre" if you find a salesperson who fully understands what you are asking for. Many do not - for example see this thread.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to