General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 09-May-11 14:56:15
Print Post

BT Chekers been updated Today

[link to this post]

Mines gone from September 1st to 18th of May !
Standard User MHC
(legend) Mon 09-May-11 15:38:33
Print Post

Re: BT Chekers been updated Today

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

This year or next?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 09-May-11 15:40:17
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

This year.

It's the sevenoaks exchange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Dilbert
(regular) Mon 09-May-11 18:15:38
Print Post

That's not too bad, if you get it ordered the morning of the first day its available you could still have it installed by the end of May all being well.

Week before mine was due to go live they moved it back 3 months and a mate of mine had his exchange put back 1 year at the same time! Mine then subsequently came forward nearly 2 months but my mates went back even further, not sure his exchange even has a date now .... that's pretty grim considering it was 1 week away from its supposed activation date at one point!

Standard User bgriffiths
(member) Mon 09-May-11 18:31:08
Print Post

Heh, the phone number checker says not available, the postcode checker has:

"Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed between 29.5 to 32.8 Mbps and upstream line speed between 6.6 to 7.8 Mbps."

Currently?? The exchange is not due to go until Q1 2012! The famous "cab checker" spreadsheet says we are getting FTTP anyway

BrianG

ISP: Goscomb Technologies
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-May-11 19:09:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Which one? I just checked http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts and for my phone number it says that there are no plans to roll out BT Infinity in my area.

On the other hand http://www.btbroadbandinformation.com/bt-postcode-ch... says:

"Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed between 32.5 to 35.2 Mbps and upstream line speed between 7.2 to 8.2 Mbps"

My exchange (Brackley) is currently due to get FTTC in December and the infamous spreadsheet states 100% of lines on my cabinet. The date could well change but for sure if my exchange gets FTTC my cabinet will and the above estimate seems reasonable.

Still - I suppose that if we take the two results and average them out it perhaps does imply 'coming soon' tongue.

Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Just because he can smile
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 09-May-11 19:43:29
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Andrue:
In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Which one? I just checked http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts and for my phone number it says that there are no plans to roll out BT Infinity in my area.

On the other hand http://www.btbroadbandinformation.com/bt-postcode-ch... says:

"Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed between 32.5 to 35.2 Mbps and upstream line speed between 7.2 to 8.2 Mbps"

My exchange (Brackley) is currently due to get FTTC in December and the infamous spreadsheet states 100% of lines on my cabinet. The date could well change but for sure if my exchange gets FTTC my cabinet will and the above estimate seems reasonable.

Still - I suppose that if we take the two results and average them out it perhaps does imply 'coming soon' tongue.

I used the first one which shows me the new date of 18th of may. The second one also says the same thing as you get, but has been saying that for about 6 months
  Print Thread

Jump to