General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-May-11 21:29:18
Print Post

Checker results..

[link to this post]

Hmm i know my cabinet hasn't been done yet, cause i go past it everyday, there was people working at it the other day, and the other close cabinets have all popped up in the last week or two.

The checker gives me this for my phone number:

For Telephone Number 02871xxxxxxon Exchange LD/WATERSIDE

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 7.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 6.5Mbps and 8Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable for the service you wish to purchase.

Thank you for your interest.

Yet my postcode gives me this:

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed between 34.4 to 38 Mbps and upstream line speed between 7.2 to 8.6 Mbps.

Have they put the postcodes into the system that are going to be upgraded and just marked them all as available? Anyone else getting this?

Sky Broadband
Unlimited
Standard User orly
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 10-May-11 00:51:01
Print Post

Re: Checker results..

[re: BuckleZ] [link to this post]

Other houses on your postcode might be served from different cabinets hence the somewhat differing results. Have you checked in the lovely list?

---
BT Infinity 8th July 2010
(NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
25.5mbit down / 7.6mbit up

Click here to see Comparison of FTTC ISPs
Which FTTC ISP do you use?
Standard User Ribble
(regular) Tue 10-May-11 01:03:37
Print Post

Yep, postcode seems to show availability long before phone number check

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Justo
(newbie) Tue 10-May-11 09:26:43
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Was your postcode covered by one cabinet (100%) or split? Could be that a cabinet covering some houses in your postcode will be enabled and yours isn't going to be (yet).
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 10-May-11 10:38:39
Print Post

[re: Justo] [link to this post]

Its covered by 1 cabinet... it seems like its been updated now...

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th June 2011. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 36Mbps and upstream line speed of 7.8Mbps.

That was for my number... must of just updated the postcode first yesterday

Sky Broadband
Unlimited
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 10-May-11 21:19:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by BuckleZ:
Oh to have FTTC tongue.

I reckon O2/Be are back-peddling fast on further investment. All the O2 stuff I see these days looks desperate, in at least two ways of reading.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
  Print Thread

Jump to