General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mikmock
(newbie) Sat 14-May-11 10:06:24
Print Post

BT, FTTC and P2P

[link to this post]

I was with bulldog now have been with Be* Unlimited for 3 years and I'm sorely tempted to go with BT Infinity unlimited , I can see the cabinet 50 yards away across the road. However I have to take into account that I predominately use torrent and emule, 24/7 and have done for the past 6+ years so I know there will be restrictions implemented. my average connection is 13mb down /1.2 up and I already restrict my uploading to 80kb from 8am to midnight so my neighbour can share the wireless connection.

My downloading from torrents is normally done in the first hour of me waking up 7-8, emule just trickles in all day.

One reason for moving over is so that sometimes I get a severely choppy line with constant disconnections from BE, it just will not stay connected for more than 10 seconds, I have to pick up the phone while the router is syncing so it will connect at a slower speed. This can go on for days at a time.

What are your opinions on moving over.

Link to down/upload info since jan link

Edited by mikmock (Sat 14-May-11 11:10:53)

Standard User adebov
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 14-May-11 12:00:36
Print Post

Re: BT, FTTC and P2P

[re: mikmock] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mikmock:
I have to pick up the phone while the router is syncing so it will connect at a slower speed. This can go on for days at a time.

Sounds like you have either a line fault or a dodgy filter.

Ade

ADSL2+ with BE
DL Sync around 4.8Mbps
UL Sync 1088kbps

DG834GT with DGTeam firmware
Standard User asturini
(newbie) Sat 14-May-11 13:17:47
Print Post

Re: BT, FTTC and P2P

[re: mikmock] [link to this post]

BT are well known for throttling p2p traffic. Downloads are apparently OK after midnight but uploads are managed all the time. Simple search for BT and p2p will get you loads of moans on many forums.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to