General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nelix01
(member) Thu 19-May-11 12:40:38
Print Post

BQM

[link to this post]

Is the Hub3, supplied as part of the Infinity FTTC product, compatible with the BQM? I set a BQM up yesterday but it is show 100% packet loss and I am not sure what settings need to be changed on the hub.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 19-May-11 13:00:36
Print Post

Re: BQM

[re: nelix01] [link to this post]

You need to set it to respond to pings. Most routers default to ignoring them.

You are on slightly dodgy ground though, as the BQM is meant to be used with a static IP address, and yours will be dynamic.

So probably every time you turn the Home Hub off and on you will get a new IP address. The the poor blighter who is next to get the previous IP address will wonder what is pinging him all the time.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 19-May-11 13:08:36
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It's OK to use it with a dynamic IP, but for the reason you give (as well as common courtesy!) it's highly recommended that the user deletes it and sets up a new one when the IP changes.

Somewhat limits its usefulness though frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com _______________Planes and Cars and ..._______________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User nelix01
(member) Thu 19-May-11 14:42:11
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Think it is probably best to delete it. I'm not in the habit of switching the modem/router off but cant control it should it drop sync for any reason.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-May-11 15:12:28
Print Post

[re: nelix01] [link to this post]

Nelix, I wonder if you have ever tried the tweaks that Guest Again's sig shows links to ? I wonder if that might change your apparently low upstream speed.

Print Thread

Jump to