General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User maxfrimond
(newbie) Wed 25-May-11 21:53:02
Print Post

Satisfied customer

[link to this post]

Hi,

A quick post to say how impressive ADSL24 have been with my FTTC install. I ordered on Saturday 14th May with an estimated speed of 28Mbps down & 6.5Mbps up. The signup process was easy peasy, received great communication going forward and even a phone call confirming the BT engineer appointment for this morning between 8am & 1pm. They even said to call if the engineer hadn't contacted me by 11.30!

At 10am the BT engineer called before he started the work to check it was OK to start the work in case what he did disrupted me which was very considerate. After a visit to the cabinet he knocked on the door, installed a new master socket & faceplate and performed the checks. The checks showed the line was clean and very quick for the distance to the cabinet (~700m) with his equipment syncing at 39Mbps downsteam and 9Mbps upstream.

VDSL modem connected, Apple Aiport Extreme configured and woosh; I now have what I consider to be broadband coming from 5.5Mbps! Current speed tests vary between 37-39Mbps downsteam and 8.5-9Mbps upstream.

I couldn't be more pleased and highly recommend ADSL24. They may not be the cheapest but in my mind customer service is king and so far they have showed this as a great strength.

Thanks for reading

Max
Standard User orly
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-May-11 00:09:18
Print Post

Re: Satisfied customer

[re: maxfrimond] [link to this post]

Sounds like exemplary work by BT actually wink

---
BT Infinity 8th July 2010
(NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
25.5mbit down / 7.6mbit up

Click here to see Comparison of FTTC ISPs
Which FTTC ISP do you use?
Standard User Squirrel
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-May-11 08:57:03
Print Post

[re: orly] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by orly:
Sounds like exemplary work by BT actually wink

Surely not, BT is from the dark side !!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hareng
(newbie) Thu 26-May-11 10:13:07
Print Post

[re: maxfrimond] [link to this post]

At least they got one customer on, they blew their chance with me, no excuse it caused tremendous grief way more than the 12 month contract costs, so went elsewhere.
Shame they used to have an awesome aftersales service.

Are there any good ISP's at a decent cost?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 26-May-11 23:11:38
Print Post

[re: hareng] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hareng:
At least they got one customer on, they blew their chance with me, no excuse it caused tremendous grief way more than the 12 month contract costs, so went elsewhere.
Shame they used to have an awesome aftersales service.

Are there any good ISP's at a decent cost?
?
He didn't connect to BT. He is using ADSL24. There is at the moment no way to avoid a BT engineer setting it up, (on FTTC), whoever you go with.

The answer to your question is "yes", but most of them are horses for courses, so to advise you on the best for you we require some input of needs and wants from you. Also a link to what samknows says about your exchange.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User andyboygsi
(member) Thu 26-May-11 23:17:59
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

openreach you mean

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.

BTBroadband
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 27-May-11 00:12:26
Print Post

[re: andyboygsi] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by andyboygsi:
openreach you mean
Does that mean you aren't a human being tongue?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User hareng
(newbie) Sat 28-May-11 23:30:46
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Quite aware who he is connected to Robert, speaking first hand.
In all fairness but small fry considering the grief it caused me, setup fee and month up front promptly refunded no questions asked.
No way was i going to tolerate 7 to 21 days without connection when should have already been up and running.
Standard User MadPom
(regular) Sun 29-May-11 08:35:48
Print Post

[re: hareng] [link to this post]

@hareng

It sounds like you were in a similar position to myself, however I went through Aquiss. They were great, but Openreach didn't have a clue. On their first visit "someone" cancelled the order but didn't tell the engineer, so there was no data even though the modem sync'ed with the cabinet. On their second attempt a week later they didn't even bother coming to me, they got as far as the cabinet and realised there was "a fault". I was told it would be another week before they would investigate the cabinet, (note investigate, not fix) and would return to my install once the cabinet was sorted. I lost all confidence at this point and Aquiss did refund my install/first month without arguments.

Thankfully I still have my rock-sold O2 ~4-5mbps connection and based on my experience of Openreach, who are involved regardless of which ISP you choose, I'm really not sure I'm going to attempt FTTC again. Having a working connection is more important to me than a super-fast one. The latter would be really nice though!
Standard User hareng
(learned) Tue 31-May-11 15:39:26
Print Post

[re: MadPom] [link to this post]

To be honest the only reason i went FTTC was to do away with the aluminium cable laid in the 70's.
On LLU i had 75db attn at best 1.5meg download with serious packeting and 100's of dropouts a day. Even worse on ADSL spent many years on sub 750 profile. If it wasnt for the this i would still be with O2, great service for a large company with UK call centres. MAC within 2 minutes by email!

Have also wondered whether done the right thing, i'll give it another month.
  Print Thread

Jump to